Someone know something about this?

Outbehindthebarn

I have seen several trucks over the years painted with what appear to be eagle's wings spread-out over the front of trucks. BIG wings.

I have seen them on Kenworths and Pete's as well as cabovers.

Does anyone know the story behind these decals?

The only example I can find online at the moment is featured on the ATAC website's home screen; where you'll notice the images of trucks wipe across the center of your screen.

The first being a Dodge cabover...... But the second image shows a cabover Western Star/Volvo with the decals I'm talking about.

Can someone cure my curiosity?

http://www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

That design was available on Western Star trucks. The International design was on the Eagle Brougham trucks in the late 70's early 80's. The international design was a full eagle painted on the side of the 4300 Eagles. The "wing" paint scheme has been replicated on several owners KW's and such over the past few years but Western Star was the origin.

• Like 2

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

That design was available on Western Star trucks. The International design was on the Eagle Brougham trucks in the late 70's early 80's. The international design was a full eagle painted on the side of the 4300 Eagles. The "wing" paint scheme has been replicated on several owners KW's and such over the past few years but Western Star was the origin.

Was there an outfit in your area that had all his trucks done-up that way? It seems the w900's I've seen were MD and PA trucks.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.