1964 Ford F-700 4x4 Auger Truck

Jarhead Enterprises

This is a picture of my uncle Peter McCarthy (on left)-Vice President of Oneida County Rural Telephone Company in Holland Patent, NY the day they took delivery of a custom built 1964 Ford F-700 4x4 auger truck from Ed Blask of Dahl Motors Inc, Utica, NY. The truck was used to set telephone poles, was equipped with a front winch and would go nearly anywhere! Pete was a great guy loved by everyone who passed away in September 2015. I rode in this truck many times with him when I was a boy. Great memories.

For the record, truck is an N series not an F. In any case, cool Ford with probably a Marmon-Herrington front axle.

I always liked the styling of the U.S. market Ford N-Series. Sears and Roebuck operated hundreds of them.

The Chevrolet E80 and W80, and GMC B-Series, reminded me a lot of the U.S. market Ford N-Series. You also are forced to think, if a GM engineer had been instructed to create a civilian version of the M135, they would be the result.

post-16320-0-25991500-1453182426_thumb.j

post-16320-0-50880800-1453182431_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for the correction on the N-Series.

And thx for posting the interesting shot-always nice when you have some family history to go along with it. One of the first "big trucks" I drove was a Ford NT-950. 250 Cummins, Rt-910 RR- spokes etc. This was late 60's and for its time it was a comfortable, and quiet-at least for its time. (had the "high roof" so it was 66 or later). Felt sorry though for anyone who had to work on the motor!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...