Vegemite

kscarbel2

On 1/20/2017 at 8:59 PM, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Sad to see Australians falling for such intolerance. A lot of mass market foods are kosher and halal certified, and most customers happily consume them and never notice the little certification marks. When you're running a bakery that puts out 4 loaves of bread a second, it's easier to halal and kosher certify everything rather than stop and start the line to produce small quantities of halal or kosher product. The Imans and Rabbis also provide an extra level of food safety inspection that government often cannot.

Well had some information come to hand today 

Did you know that Muslims were crucial in opening up Australia's vast interior ??????

Afghan Cameleers changed the Australian way of life for ever as they were the crucial link that opened up our vast dry country 

Interestingly enough these very Afghans as we called them but all werent, by the turn of the 20th century no longer desired or required their meat to be killed in the Halal way.

And I quote this   "The Muslim faith had diluted and halal-killed meat was no longer a requirement to the younger men."

So I guess the real question is if our oldest part of our Muslim community doesn't require Halal food, I wonder is it the new arrivals to this wide brown or is it the over sensitive doogooders trying jump on the shirt tails of some other made up none important thing that the people they reckon they are trying to help have never asked for their help but their lives are so boring they have to create problems that no one ever had just to make themselves feel important ???

I don't have the answer to that question perhaps TeamsterGrrrl you can help answer that question for me ?

And been the fact that the Muslim community in Australia doesn't require Halal killed meat that would then mean that Australians are not intolerant as you make us out to be and I will be expecting a apology but not holding my breath for it  

And for what its worth I already knew most of these facts, and did you know we have one famous train service that runs north south thru heart of Australia named after the Australia's first Muslims "The Ghan"?

Paul

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Well had some information come to hand today 

Did you know that Muslims were crucial in opening up Australia's vast interior ??????

Afghan Cameleers changed the Australian way of life for ever as they were the crucial link that opened up our vast dry country 

Interestingly enough these very Afghans as we called them but all werent, by the turn of the 20th century no longer desired or required their meat to be killed in the Halal way.

And I quote this   "The Muslim faith had diluted and halal-killed meat was no longer a requirement to the younger men."

So I guess the real question is if our oldest part of our Muslim community doesn't require Halal food, I wonder is it the new arrivals to this wide brown or is it the over sensitive doogooders trying jump on the shirt tails of some other made up none important thing that the people they reckon they are trying to help have never asked for their help but their lives are so boring they have to create problems that no one ever had just to make themselves feel important ???

I don't have the answer to that question perhaps TeamsterGrrrl you can help answer that question for me ?

And been the fact that the Muslim community in Australia doesn't require Halal killed meat that would then mean that Australians are not intolerant as you make us out to be and I will be expecting a apology but not holding my breath for it  

And for what its worth I already knew most of these facts, and did you know we have one famous train service that runs north south thru heart of Australia named after the Australia's first Muslims "The Ghan"?

Paul

wtf_monkey_The_Hub_Works_detail.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE