What Is A Reasonable Offer?

Tonight in my wayward travels I spied a very clean Burgundy color 1984 Superliner tractor. It has an excellent running E6-350, 10 speed transmission, 4.42 rears, and is air ride, (Neway). All crossmembers from the cab back are new with "0" miles since installation as are all suspension bolts, (the originals were cracked and the owner did not want them welded). The ride height valve is also new. It has twin 120 gallon aluminum polished fuel tanks, and the air tanks are aluminum. The driver's seat is a brand new "National" brand, and looks cheap, although cloth.

The truck does need king pins, a reman steering shaft with the slip splines, (the steering box is on the front axle) and six drive tires that are either bald, or damn near bald. The fronts are new on Budd aluminum rims with the rears being spokes. All are 11R-22.5. The rear rims are painted the same color as the cab and are very clean also.

I drove the truck and it drives nice, smooth, quiet, and straight. All of the mechanicals seem to be in good condition with only minor cosmetic flaws to the truck. I did not see any rust and there is no fiberglass, or metal repairs at all. It readily accelerates to 65mph without effort. Also there is a wet kit to operate a dump trailer and some aluminum brightwork for appearance. He offered to let me take it home and run it a week to be comfortable with no obligations to purchase.

Did not have my camera with me but will on Saturday when I return. I'm serious about this truck and want to be realistic in my offer as I would like to entertain purchasing this.

This private owned truck was replaced with a "decked out" 2005 CX series Mack, and it is a real "looker" that the prior owner was losing.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Rob, I was just curious to know if you happened to see this truck at Glatz Mack? I stopped by there today for a fuel filter and saw one that caught my eye. It sounds just like the one you described. Just had to take a quick look, as I needed to get back home. But that one looked very straight to me . I'm just 30 minutes away from there. Good Luck!

Hi Rob, I was just curious to know if you happened to see this truck at Glatz Mack? I stopped by there today for a fuel filter and saw one that caught my eye. It sounds just like the one you described. Just had to take a quick look, as I needed to get back home. But that one looked very straight to me . I'm just 30 minutes away from there. Good Luck!

Hi Denny, that would be it. Glad you agree it is a nice tractor. I really like this one and with still common driveline components, would not be stuck on the road very long with a breakdown. I particularly liked the air ride, very smooth in comparison to anything ever owned by me.

Where are you located? I will be through Decatur in the next few days and maybe we can get together and swap lies for a bit?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Did you buy it? Huh? Huh? Come on already, I've been waiting for the pics!!! :P

I have not as of yet and it is not a dead issue; Just haven't had time as my daughter was kicked in the chest by a horse, and spent a couple days in the hospital with a fractured sternum.

I'll keep you posted.

Rob