Engine VS Jake Brake

Rickey White Jr

I have an exhaust brake on one of my tri-axle dump trucks. It works twice as good as a Jake brake. It's also very quiet. I would prefer it over a Jake any day! I will look to see who made it.

That's strange, every exhaust brake I've been around you couldn't even hardly tell it was doing anything. What brand is the brake and what engine is it on?

I will look for the manufacturer of mine tomorrow. It's on a 454, with a 12 speed. It really works well. I thought about putting one on my RW, but it stops great already. The RW is pulling a three axle trailer. The truck with the exhaust brake is a tri-axle dump truck. When it comes to stopping, it can use all the help it can get.

http://pacbrake.com/supplemental-brakes/compression-release-engine-brakes/service-existing/replacement-parts-for-mack/

Give these guys a call I remember reading that they made an exhaust brake for class 6-8 trucks, I tried to find something on thier site most of the website stuff talks about 1 tons

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."