B61 Purchase and Restore

Freightrain

Posted Today, 01:45 PM

Sometimes you have to wiggle the radiator forward to get the belt past the crank bolt(I do anyway). It is a tight fit...

I have that same problem. The crank pulley on my B is so close I'm not sure if I could get a new belt on without loosening the radiator to make room. Hope it never breaks a belt while out on a run.

I have that same problem. The crank pulley on my B is so close I'm not sure if I could get a new belt on without loosening the radiator to make room. Hope it never breaks a belt while out on a run.

I use a long bar and just give it some "UMPH" and make room(the radiator will move enough without loosening the mount). Pretty bad when a 1/2" wide belt won't fit through.

I'm the same way...if it breaks on the road I might be in trouble if I don't have something to use as a prybar LOL!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

some trucks over the years have lost the spacers. originally B model diesels had 1/4 spacer blocks between the radiator crossmember and the spring hangers. if its been apart and someone forgot them it makes it a real bitch to get the belts on and off. just think, the early B61's had one 3/4 inch belt!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...