A little break from reality

HeavyGunner

Nice country!! Eating Bear this winter? What did you use for the under water photos?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

it looks like a pretty place but also looks like it gets really cold as well

Paul

Paul, actually it looks like a pretty weather, might be called it "slightly cool" :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Nice country!! Eating Bear this winter? What did you use for the under water photos?

I was not successful bagging a bear this year. A lot of country burned up this year and what wasn't burned didn't grow any berries so every bear track I cut at some point cut down to a creek or river bottom where there is some grass to eat and they follow it until they hit a food source. This year that food source is town from what I hear. I used a GoPro Hero3 for the underwater pics. Supposed to be water proof up to 131' underwater.

Beautiful area!

Have you done with bear now?

By the word how was you safe in the tent there?

They bears might be luckiely to rifle through garbage.

Yes I'm done with the bear hunt now. I have never had any problems with bears except for ones in Glacier Park because they are habituated to people and dumb people feed them making the bears see us as a food source. What little garbage I have is paper plates which get burned everyday. Food is stored in vehicle away from camp or in bear proof container or hanging 10' high and 4' out from a tree which is the law so we don't get problem bears in national forests. As for safety in the tent I have my 338 Winchester magnum with 215grain hornady hand loads in the tent mostly so the gun doesn't get moisture in it or on it from condensation and also my Model 66 357 magnum with 172grain hard cast bullet hand loads as well.

it looks like a pretty place but also looks like it gets really cold as well

Paul

It was pretty balmy out Paul, most of the days it got into the 60's and the lowest it got at night was 20 degrees. But I have a helluva good barrel stove right in the middle of the tent that keeps you toasty even when it's -20.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Great pics! Montana is on my bucket list! Have fun on your Vacation!

Make sure you have lots of time, Montana is huge and has so many neat things to see. If you could only do one thing I would suggest the Going to the Sun Road. It's incredible, hours of beautiful scenery with lots of little hikes or big hikes with lots of goats, sheep, bears Marmots and lots more. Glen dive area has a dinosaur park which is self guided through the badlands and fossils are abundant, the hell creek formation near Jordan is world renowned dinosaur dig area as well as the choteau area. I've barely scratched the surface of things to do. If you ever need any help on where to go or what to do in Montana let me know. I will gladly help with what ever I can.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.