WTF?

RowdyRebel

Ummmmm...NO! I will not "offset the climate impact of this shipment". Thanks for asking, but the fact that you're even considering this "extra" fee makes me want to use FedEx or the USPS. This PC BS has got to end...

/rant

post-1673-0-08648300-1444075936_thumb.pn

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I haven't seen that yet when I ordered things online. What site was that from?

I wonder how the liberal shipping differs from standard shipping. Does the driver wear even shorter shorts due to rising temperatures? :unsure:

If the climate is of such great concern to UPS, why don't they slow their drivers down to save fuel. Those trucks must have a 2 position throttle, wide open and off.

On a side note: The Fed-Ex delivery guy has been driving a UHaul van lately. Before that it was an unmarked hi-cube van. Is Fed-ex going broke or something?

I haven't seen that yet when I ordered things online. What site was that from?

I wonder how the liberal shipping differs from standard shipping. Does the driver wear even shorter shorts due to rising temperatures? :unsure:

If the climate is of such great concern to UPS, why don't they slow their drivers down to save fuel. Those trucks must have a 2 position throttle, wide open and off.

On a side note: The Fed-Ex delivery guy has been driving a UHaul van lately. Before that it was an unmarked hi-cube van. Is Fed-ex going broke or something?

My new phone was shipped through Fed-ex and delivered by the USPS.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My new phone was shipped through Fed-ex and delivered by the USPS.

I've seen that a lot with the USPS delivering UPS packages. I once tracked a package that went from UPS 20 miles away, to my post office 1.5 miles away, and back to the UPS facility-all in one day. The impact on the climate from shipping my 4 NGK spark plugs was devastating.

• Like 1

Jim

...and to think all I wanted was a damn fitting for a 4L80 transmission cooler line. Ordered it from Jegs...they cancelled "backorder/discontinued" and refunded me $18. Called the local Chevy dealer and they found 4 up in NYC...which was fine because I only need 1 of them. $27 for the same damn fitting Jegs was supposed to sell me for $18 plus another $28 to have it shipped UPS because they didn't want to do the $5 "if it fits, it ships" USPS option. Hell, a padded envelope and a first class stamp would probably get it to me...so when I saw that "extra" fee option, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Friggin' corporations buy into the crap spewed by these left wing nut jobs...but then at least it remains an option (for now, anyway). I'd bet dollars to donuts that the extra fee just goes straight to profits. Hell, it really ain't a bad idea...line your own pocket by letting the nut jobs empty theirs THINKING they are "saving the planet". They get to feel good and you get their money. Those who know better can choose not to pay the fee. Now I'm curious how many people actually click that option to be charged more?

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

...and I actually prefer USPS, where my stuff stays securely locked up at the post office until I get there to pick it up rather than sitting on the porch out in the rain until I realize it's out there. Half the time they don't even knock.

I used to ship a lot of small parts and trim out UPS until they started to hit me with Fuel Surcharges, Carbon Tax surcharge and a different fee for business or residential delivery. I use the USPS Click and Ship and even get the USPS to pick the package up from me for no charge. Big Brown is only a turd to me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE