Anyone on here in Central/Coastal South Carolina? Columbia to Charleston?

1958 F.W.D.

I am listening to the Columbia SC Fire Dept on Broadcastify,com......They're getting fucked with a cactus down there right now. Rescues being made left and right, no more boats available, an entire apartment complex of 400+ people being evacuated with two small john boats.....Anyone on here in that neck of the woods.....if you happen to be reading this, how are you making out? You and the rest of the people of S Carolina are in my thoughts.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Randy

Thanks for your thoughts.. It has finally stopped raining about 4PM. I am about 75 miles north of Colmbia and on high ground. Since it had been raining most of the week before the ground is full. My friend had an about 6 inch pine blow over onto his F-700. will need to go to the body shop!!

Brocky

Brocky glad to hear you are ok, if you can get that storm headed west we could sure use some rain! just not the amounts you guys got! Our last rain of over a 1/2 inch was in june, our irrigation reservoirs look like dried out mud puddles with a small wet patch in the middle.

Rob

Glad to hear from you.. You were dodging fires when I left for Down Under and had not heard from you since I got back..

This was definately more rain than we needed!! It was dry when I got back and it seems like it has rained for the last 2 weeks then this storm on top of it..

• Like 1

Brocky

My son lives in the James Island portion of Charleston and we own some rental property in the same area. Friends of his that have a rain gauge report 30 plus inches of rain have fallen over the past week in that area.

All in all he has been pretty fortunate with only 4-6 inches of water entering his crawl space and a little more in the rental property. Some flooded duct work, a musty smell, and a lot of worry has been the extent of the damage so far.

Another friend sent me a picture of a Charleston FD tower that stalled out in the flood and then caught fire. My definition of a bad day at work.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I was told the air intake was low to the ground which caused the stall out. That doesn't sound kosher to me, but obviously something made it quit.

Kind of makes you wonder since ladder trucks were always the first choice to enter a flood if you had to make an extrication because of their weight and long wheel base.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!