Enthusiast Mack Modeller

Legorigs

Hi everybody,

I'm Daniël and I live in the Netherlands (Europe). I'm an enthousiastic Lego builder and I build trucks/rigs in scale 1:13. I've just finished my first Mack Cruiseliner and am planning to build some more big Macks.

For my next project I'm interested in a CL type, the newer ones like in the picture below. Can anyone send me some detailled pictures from al angles and especially from the backside, including the sleeper.

Thanks in advance.

You can also check out my website for more details, it's always nice to hear some opinions.

Keep those big rigs rolling......

http://legorigs.dyndns.org

hello and nice model you have.

I also build models of diffrent macks in my spare time. I am not shure if the CH or CL models have made an apperance in 1/25 scale plastic/resin kits but there are lots of other models made by aftermarket companys.

check spaulding trading and shiping for some cool truck models

Trent

Thanks all,

The rigs I build aren't "outta the box" so to say. It isn't a set Lego sells or promotes. It's build after my own idea, guided by pictures of the real thing.

@ Lmackattack, I used to build 1to24 kits myself. I left that to rest because every spot in the house was filled with a model, as a figure op speech :D . I now build 1to13 models from scratch so I don't need a box or kit from the store, just a bunch of detailed pictures to get me going.

@ Barry, I have done the Mack and a GMC so far. It takes a while to get all the info and parts needed to build a big rig. I'm still not finished with the GMC, although that was my first started project. In between I needed another model, the Mack, for an exhibition of modellers. I made a flatbed with the GMC, but changed the flatbed over to the Mack. I'm now finalising a heavy hauling combination of jeepdolly a lowloader and a booster for the GMC, 13 axles in total. I haven't got any pictures of that yet while it's still in progress.

For the pictures I kindly request you to visit my website at http://legorigs.dyndns.org (No, I don't get payed for getting a lot of visitors :D)

I'm thinking of replacing the GMC for a new model CL, that's why I need a lot of detailed pictures from all angles.

Thanks all,

The rigs I build aren't "outta the box" so to say. It isn't a set Lego sells or promotes. It's build after my own idea, guided by pictures of the real thing.

@ Lmackattack, I used to build 1to24 kits myself. I left that to rest because every spot in the house was filled with a model, as a figure op speech :D . I now build 1to13 models from scratch so I don't need a box or kit from the store, just a bunch of detailed pictures to get me going.

@ Barry, I have done the Mack and a GMC so far. It takes a while to get all the info and parts needed to build a big rig. I'm still not finished with the GMC, although that was my first started project. In between I needed another model, the Mack, for an exhibition of modellers. I made a flatbed with the GMC, but changed the flatbed over to the Mack. I'm now finalising a heavy hauling combination of jeepdolly a lowloader and a booster for the GMC, 13 axles in total. I haven't got any pictures of that yet while it's still in progress.

For the pictures I kindly request you to visit my website at http://legorigs.dyndns.org (No, I don't get payed for getting a lot of visitors :D)

I'm thinking of replacing the GMC for a new model CL, that's why I need a lot of detailed pictures from all angles.

Are you gonna tear the GMC apart to build the CL?

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Are you gonna tear the GMC apart to build the CL?

Yup, I guess I will. I'm thinking of building it in white but I think my wife cann't stand yet another model in the house after I got rid of my 1:24 models that were cluthering most of our rooms :D

I allready use most of the space on our bookshelfs in the study after my extended flatbed and oversized load projects. (Oversized load will be over 7 foot in length. The Mack/flatbed combination is 5 foot and a bit more).

So it will be goodbye to the GMC and building the Mack CL, well that is if I get enough pictures (hint hint) :thumb:

• 6 months later...

I thought I should tread you with a picture of the 13 axle I'm still building.

Plans are there to be changed......

The Mack Cruiseliner now has a third liftable axle. Did some work on the booster and lowdeck.

As you can see I've started on a blue Daf, it's made after the one my dad drives. The GMC was torn apart for this.

I hope you all appreciate the work.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unreal; made of Legos !

I have a old unbuilt AMT 1/25th R model Mack made in the late 80s called the "Junkyard Dog" the kit is supposed to be a beat up model (the doors / hood are dented)

Anyone ever see this kit, always wondered if it was rare -

Brad

Cuba, Mo

1960 Mack B61

1985 Mack R686

1970 IH Loadstar 1600

Unreal; made of Legos !

I have a old unbuilt AMT 1/25th R model Mack made in the late 80s called the "Junkyard Dog" the kit is supposed to be a beat up model (the doors / hood are dented)

Here is a built one that sold on ebay for $25 plus shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMT-MACK-JUNK-YARD-DOG...1QQcmdZViewItem

David

Unreal; made of Legos !

I had a couple of them over the years and never kept one unbuilt. I see them for sale at times and never thought to pick one up. With the way the old truck models are being reintroduced, I guess it is simply a matter of time until the bring this one back. If you want to sell it drop me an e-mail. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...