To keep it a dump or to make it a tractor????? The dump Body is shot lots of holes, floors bine replaced over the old one, the header is bowed in to about 4 inches from the cab..... I could build a new one using whats left of the original as a pattern or take it off and make one hell of a sweet tractor......

What should i do????

post-2586-1220406616_thumb.jpg

post-2586-1220406625_thumb.jpg

Those heavy L models look great as a tipper. I saw a mint LFSW and tried to see if the owner would sell but they wouldn't let it go. The truck was in the family since new and the owners father started their business with this truck in 1944. Kept inside its whole life so it was in excellent condition. They swapped out the gasser or Lanova diesel for a 237 with a 5 or 6 speed. The box in the pictures below isnt original, just kept on the truck for storage.

Good luck with your "new" L, keep it a dump!

gallery_314_143_26126.jpg

gallery_314_143_10290.jpg

gallery_314_143_8926.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great now so keep her as a dump truck. As a former dumpie driver, I am most envious. She's an awesome beastie. Nothing looks better than a Mack dumper.

Thad, how's "your" L going? Is she still in okay condition?

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Looks great now so keep her as a dump truck. As a former dumpie driver, I am most envious. She's an awesome beastie. Nothing looks better than a Mack dumper.

Thad, how's "your" L going? Is she still in okay condition?

I found out they moved and don't know where they went to. They are still listed in the phone books so I believe they are still in business. They had a B and a C model tucked away as well, both kept garaged their entire life in mint condition. A cousin of theirs also ran a B model but I haven't seen him in years. Would like to know where all the iron went.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!