Engine Id?

66rmack

Hey guys new here. Went and looked at a 70 r model and was wondering if anyone could tell me what this engine serial# means? Looking for a 237 and 5 speed to repower my dads 66 r model that has a 711 turbo and a 5 and a 4. The serial # I found on the engine is ENDT 6754U902 there was a space after the 0 before going to the 2 but it didn't look like there was anything in the space. Any help is very appreciated I don't know much about the macks but I'm trying to get his old dog on the road again it's been in the shed since 84.

The 711 is in need of some help a rod cap came loose and it broke the block. And it's been a dream of his to swap it to a maxidyne since the 711 went down. The quad is loose the old man said it's got really close to 3mil on it and the last time it was apart the case hardening is wearing off the gears. So it needs some help also. Is it worth putting the maxidyne in with the quad behind it? I was just going to swap everything seeing I will have a complete doner truck

The other numbers are just part of the serial #. One thing you might want to consider just swapping the engine and leaving the Quad,otherwise you will need to swap rears also,or wind up with a very slow truck. Chances are very good the fastest ratio your rears are now would be 4:50,but more likely something in the 5's like a 5:08 or 5:73. Using the 5 speed,you will need a 4:17 rear to have a 62 mph truck,if it's on 20" rubber

• Like 2

Superdog I'm def not sure what the gears are. But I know with the 711 and the quad it will do 65 mph then he had a 250 Mack in it?(idk what that is I guess cause I couldn't find anything about a 250 in the 70's) When the 711 went out. With the 250 turning 2400rpm he said it would run 72mph. The 250 went out he put a 711 back in it.

Superdog I'm def not sure what the gears are. But I know with the 711 and the quad it will do 65 mph then he had a 250 Mack in it?(idk what that is I guess cause I couldn't find anything about a 250 in the 70's) When the 711 went out. With the 250 turning 2400rpm he said it would run 72mph. The 250 went out he put a 711 back in it.

Yeah,you are definitely going to want to swap rears if you go with the 5 speed. Does the truck have 20 or 22 " tires?

The 250 was the ENDT673C.

It has 20's on it. The truck I found has bud 24.5. May dad always wanted to swap his to the buds so he could put aluminum wheels on it. So I was planning on switching the hubs over from the daytons. ( I know the purists on here don't seem to like that.) also the truck I found has a 3 speed aux divorced from the maxitorque. Is it possible that one is geared just as low?

Edited by 66rmack