david wild

DOT in NY is probably the worst. Had 4 DOT inspections by 4 different agencies on a 46 mile stretch of the Long Island Expressway. Suffolk Police Motor Carrier unit, Suffolk Sheriffs Motor Carrier unit, NYSDOT and Nassau County Police. An hour trip took me 5 hours for absolutely no reason but to generate money.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's all about the money in my opinion, they couldn't care less about safety, that's just their excuse to stop you. If it had anything to do with safety couldn't they let you fix an issue without giving you a ticket?

Case in point, one time the DOT man pulled Big Jim over on 460 between Bedford and Lynchburg- probably the same a-hole that pulled me over for no reason one night- anyway, he didn't really find any violations, but Big Jim had his chain binders stuck down in the stake pockets of his trailer.

The DOT man said that was "an unsecured load- I know, and you know, they aren't going anywhere but you need to put them in the headache rack."

Big Jim said "can I just move them?" and the cop said "yeah, put them in the headache rack."

So he did, but the cop wrote him up for it anyway. If the cop told him they weren't going anywhere, and he hung them in the headache rack so they were "secured", why did he have to write him up for having an unsecured load? We used to carry binders in the stake pockets all the time, never had one come out- it's all about the money.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

DOT in NY is probably the worst. Had 4 DOT inspections by 4 different agencies on a 46 mile stretch of the Long Island Expressway. Suffolk Police Motor Carrier unit, Suffolk Sheriffs Motor Carrier unit, NYSDOT and Nassau County Police. An hour trip took me 5 hours for absolutely no reason but to generate money.

You can add one more to the list, NYS DEC Forestry,they pulled me over on riverhead speonk rd and were all set up in the collage parking lot,crazy..

• Like 1

You can add one more to the list, NYS DEC Forestry,they pulled me over on riverhead speonk rd and were all set up in the collage parking lot,crazy..

Add 2 more Old Brookville PD on 107 and Northern Blvd and Old Westbury PD on the LIE exit 39 Glen Cove Road.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE