E9 engine brake..high and low?

I would bet yes. while i am not familar with the v8's (tho id like to be :)), not sure if the internal balance would allow for 1/2 brake. What does the switch have on it, ON and OFF?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I would be happy with a EXTRA HIGH SETTING my self! as for the balance of the engine i would think if you did either both front heads or either rear heads it would work. a person should study the firing order to make sure the gap is fairly even between canceled cylinders.

They are built with just onnoff but I know it has been put on a three position switch and two relays before. If I remember right it was the front right head and the back left head on low and all four on high. Seems to me like putting it on two heads across from each other would be easier on the crank.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So would I be able to make the front two heads work together on a switch and then make another switch for the rear heads? so if I turn both switches on its FULL and only one switch is HALF? it would make sense but I am not sure if it would put to much stress on the crank.

How would it be more stress on the crank vs under power?  A engine is nothing more than an air pump and turning a head/into an air compressor without combustion is hard on the crank,  Why?

I know some of the older trailer mounted commercial air compressors used 6 and 8 cylinder gas and deisel engines that ran on half and made air with the others.

I think it was grimmerschmidt that made some sort of air powered tractor also used for drilling 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

I don't know why you would want to cut a dynatard down in half. Not much braking power to begin with. If I want more, usually I hold my hat out the window.

What HE Said! :DB)

• Like 1