Ford bets U.S. consumers will snap up $70,000 pickup trucks

kscarbel2

For a lot of us it would make sense to buy an older Freightliner FL50,60, or 70, or any one of the mid-sized trucks for less than $30K for hauling a fifth wheel or a goose neck, but then you get tied up in the whole "Do I need a CDL or not" dilemma.

I paid north of $60K for my 2011 3500HD and I just don't see myself doing it again. Basically if you want a heavy trailer hauler they have got you; pay $60K plus or hope you can find something older that is not ragged out.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The only new truck I ever bought was an '06 GMC Sierra w/t. Regular cab, 2wd, v6, 5 speed. $16,000. Everybody thought I was crazy for wanting a plain jane truck. I owed two notes on it when I traded it in on a 4 wd Tacoma. Dumbest thing I ever did.

Jake

I would like to have a new plain Ranger. I axed Ford when they were coming back to the USA. The nice wimmin I think she was from Winfall said not anytime in the distant future. I have a '01 f250 extra cab with a 7.3 and 6 speed that I will not sell.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.