"Spring" in Southern Ontario

j_martell

No Canada with out Vicky. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

glad its spring there! ......our spring showed up last night in the form of 1" of rain.....badly needed rain too. we were about 2 weeks away from wildfire season with out it! our non irrigated ground was parched and the grass had already turned brown. thats about 5 weeks too early from the norm.

Yeah it's a bit muggy down hear in the Banana Belt. But we'll take it. Scenery isn't bad cold beer tastes good. And it much better than dealing with snow. Bout time warm weather got here. Happy May 24.

• Like 1

I spent the afternoon (drinking beer) removing the inner wheel wells and cleaning the crap out of the fenders on the Jetta and "rust pproofing"...IE, half a can of Pendilube per side.....summerizing lol. Gonna have to do it annually I think, about a KG of crap behind each. Also gonna need new fenders in the next few years, unless the "12 year VW rust warranty" will replace em...gonna call next week.

If anyone sees a Relfex Silver MK4 (1999.5-2005.5) Jetta being parted, let me know :)

Now, back to the task at hand, beer on the deck, kids playing in the yard. I worked Saturday, so I don't go back till Wednesday :)

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Happy Victoria Day to my fellow canucks !!!

My first day off in a long time. I spent the day summerizing(if thats a word) my snowplow. Pulled the tires, oiled the crap out of everything.

All in all … a great day.

41Chevy, I'm impressed you know about Vicky. I would bet half of Canadians don't know we are celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday.

They just know its a day off.

attachicon.gifImage.jpg

Being of Banished English Ancestry from Cheshire County in England in the mid 1600's for piracy, we learned to keep up with the Crowns Activities, until now its a habit.

As for not knowing reasons for holidays it seem to sadly be universal now days. They're a day off for a party or sales at the mall no history.

Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE