Another nice D7 comes up for sale

Yeah they had thousands of those between the army, marines and navy. Don't know if the air force had any but the other services loved em, they are ridiculously reliable and if they were gov owned they were over maintained really.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That's a d7F. All of them went through the " SLEP" program, or service life extension plan. (Cat rebuild). The F models and G models look a lot alike. You can tell them apart by the humped hood, more square looking rops, and the riser on top center of blade- all on the F model. The G models have a more slanted rear on the rops, blade tilt cyl is on right side - if looking from rear of machine. Most of the engines in the f models were upgraded to the 3306.

Gear head, and Farmer, I certainly don't want to sound like a know it all. I re read my post and realized I sort of sounded like an ass. Hopefully no offense taken, as none was meant. I've spent almost half my life chasing this old green iron, sometimes it's the army coming out in me haha

• Like 1

Yes sir,... That definitely makes me feel better... most retrofits were completed around late 90s. Watch for the army's 130g graders and 621b scrapers coming for sale more and more. They are upgrading the earthmoving fleet ( finally) I turned in 5 d7g and 2 f models, 5 621b scrapers, 5 130g graders, and 3 case w24c loaders. All wonderful machines, in great shape. I'd love to buy one of our old machines that I knew the history on and put a lot of seat time on.. ... But last winter and early spring, the trucks started showing up with new d7r's 120m awd graders, 621g scrapers, and 966h loaders. I'm glad someone in the gov woke up and upgraded our 40 year old fleet