granites nothing but headaches

I work on granites all day everyday and they are mostly 06 cv713s. i have one that the jake wont work and the oil temp gauge wont work either but i changed the gauge and temp sensor. I have several that when pulling a steep hill they code for 41 but i have changed trans harnesses and speed sensors. And last but not least I have one that will be fine then shows multiple codes and loses all power and will barely move move because it starts missing so bad. If anyone has any good suggestions on how to fix anyone of these iit would be greatly appreciated.

Ha, I'm gonna guess these trucks have had a lot of deferred maintenance or none at all in the past cause those trucks rarely give issues to anyone I know.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

welcome IHG Im no expert at all but if you have changed sensor's and harnesses they arent the problem I would look a little more basic because I am a simple person how about removing the negitive from the chassis cab ect ect and make sure the connections are spotless emery the frame under connections give those lugs a real good tug make sure they are well attached if it has a intermittent problem I doubt its a sensor just my thoughts

Paul

Oh yeah gotta learn to smile lifes to short not to :banana::banana:

• Like 1

If they are off road trucks check for grounds like Paul said but add, connectors and harnesses for rubbing and any kind or twists. I've seen harnesses that looked good except for a kink before, take em down and pull on the wires and there would only be a strand or two still connected inside the insulation.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

After you do the grounds and visual check the connectors, do a wiggle test. Have the trucks with the miss and the one with the oil gauge problem running and physically push, pull and wiggle the harnesses and connectors. If the gauges move or the miss clears some what you have a place to go from. Some of the sensors are powered by 5 to 7 volts and it doesn't take much of a voltage loss in the circuit to F' things. Paul C

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On the AI motors , the engine brake wont work till 130 degrees oil temp, so if the ECM cant see the oil temp , it wont allow engine brake. Has the engine ECM software been changes of ECM been changed lately? Swap engine ECM with another truck, Also check engine ECM pins for antifreeze from bad coolant level sensor.