Ausie programming for E Tech

HabelTrans

Hey guys,

I had a couple of friends a few years ago that used to have E Tech 460 engines and the Mack dealer had put in their trucks what they called outback programming as well as bigger injectors. Does anyone know where a person could get one of these high horsepower programmed ecms? These guys used to pull heavy (150,000lb+) loads here in MI and would out pull many of the large 14L engines. I know where to get larger injectors, but can't seem to find a different program or ecm with the high horse program already in it. I have the xt program and have had the bigger injectors in it before. It ran quite well that way. I just was wondering if anyone here knew where to get the hotter program.

• Like 2

:chili:Take care of your ride and it will take care of you :chili:

Hey guys,

I had a couple of friends a few years ago that used to have E Tech 460 engines and the Mack dealer had put in their trucks what they called outback programming as well as bigger injectors. Does anyone know where a person could get one of these high horsepower programmed ecms? These guys used to pull heavy (150,000lb+) loads here in MI and would out pull many of the large 14L engines. I know where to get larger injectors, but can't seem to find a different program or ecm with the high horse program already in it. I have the xt program and have had the bigger injectors in it before. It ran quite well that way. I just was wondering if anyone here knew where to get the hotter program.

other than the 460XT for the 98-2001 Etech's the only Aussie file i know of is for the 04-07 427HP ASET AI engine, It was hotter than the 460 but didnt meet the USA emissions. However back then you could actually call and talk to the programming guy at Mack and he could tweak things. Now we cant talk to any of the engineers at Mack.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It is in a 99 truck so it is either a 98 or 99 engine. I just dropped it off at the veterinarian today for the cam job so I would have to wait 'til I get it back to be sure which.

Have any of you tried the add on computer? The name of it escapes me right now but I believe it starts with a B. Was sort of thinking about trying one, just would have to get feedback from at least a couple of folks that have used it.

Most likely it will just get bigger injectors in a few months. At least until I find some users of that add on computer.

:chili:Take care of your ride and it will take care of you :chili:

When I had my duramax i ran a program called EFI live and there were all sorts of people that wrote programs for whatever you wanted. Is there not something similar for a computer controlled class 8 engine? The 3406E in my International was turned up but I didn't do it and I'm not sure how they did it. Someone must do it?