Set Back R Model

What is the model name for a set back axle R model with the regular fiberglass R hood? RB? Something like that? All I know is they are one of the toughest looking trucks out there with a pair of fender flares and floaters on front. Seems like I've only ever seen them as dump trucks and occasionally milk tankers.

RB600

most of the RB around here were straight trucks. But in its final days alot of people ordered these as tractors as they were built about a year longer after the RDs were dropped.

Actually in the plant the RD was the last of the two models run. First the RB dropped off the the DM stopped, then the RD and the CL was the final one run from the older model conventionals, if memory serves me correctly on what was run down the line

Actually in the plant the RD was the last of the two models run. First the RB dropped off the the DM stopped, then the RD and the CL was the final one run from the older model conventionals, if memory serves me correctly on what was run down the line

After reading that, I just want to cry!!!!!!! :(:(:(:( A sad story that this legendary :mack1: TRUCKS came to an end. But they will still work hard on the road no matter what....

Most MACK RB Trucks are "straigth trucks" and we have RB DUMP, ROLL-OFF, AND CONCRETE MIXER (IN BOTH FORMS) here. I have seen one RB FLATBED truck carryng its own forklift and RB TRUCK with a crane.

The RD stopped first at the end of 2004 with the run of the RD Legend series. The RB stopped in 2005 and the DM stopped in late 2005, altough it appeared on the website and was a catalog model into very early 2006. The Granite came out to replace the RD, but they did build them side-by-side for over 2 years. The DM was built until the Granite Set Back Axle was out.

The CL series has nothing to do with the R series, although the MR, the LE, the CL, the RD, the RB, the DM and the Granite were all made simultaneously at the Macungie, PA factory at one time (circa 2002-2004) until the RD, RB and DM models were dropped. The on-highway CXN and CHN models were produced at the New River Valley plant with Volvo's at that time. The new US Titan is replacing the CL series.