B model door hinges

I would like to repair the left side hinge, right side seems ok. There is bushing on top that seems to keep every thing together. The only way I can see to get things apart would to grind the head off this and possibly drive the pin out. Then what to do for a bushing. I saved a post on this subject between Rob and Mowerman dated 22June 2011 and am still confused. There was mention of turning the hinges upside down and swapping sides has any one done this.

Yup, rebuilt my drivers side way back when. Same thing, passenger door was actually stiff from lack of use. Drivers door was whipped. Got some generic HELP kit from Azone(think it was a chrysler?) and it works great. Just measured the pin and got one close.

I did one hinge at a time so I didn't have to remove the whole door. I also resprung the hoop spring that assists in holding the door open. Keeps from getting whacked in the head when you get in/out.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

ya,i dont think those are reversible since 2 of those guys have B models,and didnt mention it,,,but you can also try a decent hardware for replacement parts,pins,bushings..exc,,,,grinding,,and welding,,are required,,,ive done antique car hinges before,,,just take your time,,,and you will be thrilled with results,,,good luck,,bob