JD 840 for sale

Wiley Farm

What a great piece of restoration craftsmanship and equipment. The 'body' styling and shape share some elements of car and truck designs from that period. I wonder who actually designed the 840? Thanks for the great picture also. That's one good looking machine.

What a great piece of restoration craftsmanship and equipment. The 'body' styling and shape share some elements of car and truck designs from that period. I wonder who actually designed the 840? Thanks for the great picture also. That's one good looking machine.

The basic tractor is a model 830 Industrial. The operator's station was moved to the left side. My guess is Dryfus did the styling of the side fenders. Deere used them for styling.

53.jpg

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

The basic tractor is a model 830 Industrial. The operator's station was moved to the left side. My guess is Dryfus did the styling of the side fenders. Deere used them for styling.

53.jpg

11 minutes later..I have my answer. And that's why I love BMT and these forums. There's nowhere else on earth that would have happened. :o

Thank you, Ken. I know you already know this but there were only brief periods post-Ford but pre-unibody where designers made a focused effort to meld the appearance of the automobile with the functionality of industrial equipment or machinery. The 840 is a product of one of those short periods. Thanks again for the quick answer that would have taken me hours to find otherwise!

• Like 1