Introduction

mackdaddy1911a1

My name Is Matt and I love this site. I'm new to the site and have been surfing around looking at all the photos. To all you guys and gals out there who love those MACK TRUCKS

like me I just wanted to say Keep on trucking. I'm an owner Operator pulling flatbed and I own a 2001 CX-613 Vision. The ole girl has been very good to me and I was able to pay her off a year and three months early because she gave so little trouble. I hope ya'll will check out my pics and I hope you enjoy them.

I first sat in a Mack truck when I was in the third grade, the truck was a late 70's R model Mack and I was thrilled to death when the driver who was our neighbor, took me and my brothers across town in it. That excitment has never left me. I decided after working several dead end jobs and a few insults from one of my brothers that I had to do more with my life so in the summer of 1995 I applied and was accepted in the truck driving program at South Georgia Tech. Well about the time that I was testing for school a good friend of mine bought a 1980 R model Mack and wouldn't you know it he let me drive it. Well if you call nearly grinding all the gears into slag can be called driving. From that day until I went to school I helped him work on that bulldog when ever I could. Over the years I have been made fun of for my passion for MACK trucks, that only spurred me on until May 12 2006 that's the day that I bought my first Mack. I even sent a letter to Bulldog magazine and they published it. check it out on the MACK web site vol. 1 2007 second to the last page. By the way my C.B. handle is Grave Digger thats one of the DEADEND jobs I was talking about. I was the last man to ever let you down litteraly. I only made $7.00 an hour and worked an average of 80 hours a week. I did all the set ups and opening and closings of the actual grave side services. I had help but I was the only full time employee that worked outside. I also worked setting the head stones and other monuments as well as taking care of the grounds around the funeral home and the perpetual care cemetary that they owned. ANYWHO ENOUGH OF THAT, whatever I do I give it 100% and require the same from others and from my truck that's why I have to have a MACK...nuff said :mack1:

post-2321-1209217041_thumb.jpg

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Welcome to the site and congratulations on paying her off early. I'm just glad to see a owner/operator trucking in a mack. Hope you enjoy the site.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

That is a sharp truck. You need some side mount tool boxes for behind the fuel tanks, polished of course. Just my opinion though. First time I seen those trucks was at the Mid-America show in ky. and always thought they was nice OTR tractors. Good luck

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Dug a lot of graves myself some years back working for a cemetary. Damn hard to dig one for someone you know, and care about. Even harder to push the dirt back in.

We never set the headstones or markers, that was done by contractors. I set plenty of US flags for veterans day on my own time out of respect for their service.

Glad to hear someone in the trucking industy with a positive story! Especially getting a loan paid off early. Good luck for further success and welcome to the forums!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanx for the kind words to everyone... I'm still trying to figure everything out. hope to see some of you guys out on the road. When my ole girl is washed she sure shines, I really appreciate all the flowers "trucker lingo for the compliments". Hey Rob I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has pushed a shovel in his time. Your right about having to bury someone you know, though I didn't do my Dad's funeral I kept close watch.... the fella that did it I trained the guy and went to school with him he did a very good job. Well I want rehash the story so thanks again to everyone.

mackdaddy1911a1......gravedigger

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS