2012 Dodge Ram need a bigger fuel tank!

bullhusk

I have always owned Chrysler products from sleepin 6's to V10's but this 2012 3500 single wheel Cummins PU is a PIG!! My 2004 5.9 Cummins got 18 -20 MPG and this one I can't break 14!! Check engine light again and back to the dealer over and over again! change this flash that flash this change that again!! 50,600 mi and I'm gooin broke puttin fuel in this thing it does not have the DEF it was the last year without it but it does have EGR and that is just a prob. anything that eats it's own shit can't be good! anybody out there have any ideas just PM me if you think You should! Next one is gonna be the 6.4 HEMI 410 hp 8,000 less and about the same or better gas mi pluss 50 to 60 cents a gal. less F-in GOV. REGS

BULLHUSK

I traded our 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins for a 2010 Dodge Cummins about a year and a half ago. Went from 18 to 24 mpg to 14 to 17 mpg. The truck had right at 100k when we bought it,about 5k later,check engine light came on,dealer said turbo going out,a short $3k to fix.I been around enough to know when a turbo is going,this one showed no symptoms,I brought it home,took tube off and looked it over,everything looked good,no oil,no play,etc,so I said piss on it,I'll run it till it blows. First thing I noticed was we picked up 1 to 3 mpg. 50k later,light is still on,turbo still performing normally. I've been told best thing I can do is get a EGR delete kit,but I haven't went that route yet because they are kinda pricey and hard to find someone to put one on around here,one shop was doing it and got busted by the EPA.

My '88 gets 10 and 14. I just ordered a 2014 with the V6, can't do any worse. I hope.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If you own a Dodge diesel pickup, the best thing you'll ever do is join the Turbo Diesel Register. It's a great bunch of people that share information and experiences specifically about Dodge diesel pickups (all years).

I'm sure you can better understand your problem and find a solution thru the Turbo Diesel Register.

www.turbodieselregister.com

If you own a Dodge diesel pickup, the best thing you'll ever do is join the Turbo Diesel Register. It's a great bunch of people that share information and experiences specifically about Dodge diesel pickups (all years).

I'm sure you can better understand your problem and find a solution thru the Turbo Diesel Register.

Done!

Thanks BULLHUSK

Both our F450 diesels have toolbox/300l fuel tanks in em......

Worked great before they started filling the tank with dyed diesel.....

The one didn't have enough fuel to make it back from site and suddenly my comments about keeping clear in em for the amount they get used and being able to help anyone (equipment or road vehicle) hit the boss man like a freight train....

Damn I hate being right.....lol

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Interesting site! Learned my '88 is one of 4441 made with a Cummins diesel and probably one of the few that ran well.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE