Viscous fan clutch for E9

I think you might be SOL on the factory viscous style fan clutch. I'm pretty sure that part was labelled obsolete. I put a Kysor air fan clutch on my 865 years back because you couldn't get the viscous clutch. I put that Kysor on my E9 can't get one to bolt up to the hub out of the box you have to machine an adapter out of aluminum to bolt to the hub then bolt the clutch to. I'll post some pics of mine later today so you get an idea.

No luck

Looks like I am stuck with the rigid drive for now.

Did the PAI distributor say their replacement version was no longer available, or that they simply didn't stock it?

Horton makes the best fan clutches in the business, and they have a distributor in Victoria.

NORMAN G. CLARK PTY. LTD.

44 Kylta Road

VICTORIA

HEIDELBERG

Australia, 3081 -17592

+61-3-9450-8200

customerservice@ngclark.com.au

While they might have to contact Horton's U.S. headquarters to confirm the right replacement for your application, I'm certain that Horton has an on-off fan clutch for your truck. And it will be superior in performance to the viscous Schweitzer unit you had.

If you insist on staying with the viscous, Schweitzer was acquired by BorgWarner. The Mack 38MH315A crosses to a BorgWarner 197703, which is superceded by a 197876.

BorgWarner application chart: http://www.repsmkj.cr/catalogos/bwts/BorgWarner2006_Content.pdf

• Like 1

How come when I asked for a clutch fan last fall I didn't get this info from you folks? Superior turbo just sent me a viscous fan. its brand new. part # SRF197703K $625 is what I paid for it. I should proof read before I post.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!