GOOD NIGHT!

bullhusk

Woodstown's a great place! nice small town,still a "main street" town doesn't look much different now than in this picture circa 1941 (going by the Plymouth)...........................................Mark

post-5836-0-41282600-1401620887_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thought this was appropriate!....................................Mark

I'm guessing the person who came up with the nickname "The Garden State" wasn't walking through the Ironbound section of Newark at the time.

South Jersey down through the DelMarVa peninsula is my favorite part of the east coast.

Jim

Woodstown's a great place! nice small town,still a "main street" town doesn't look much different now than in this picture circa 1941 (going by the Plymouth)...........................................Mark

You ain't lying!

post-106-0-07119000-1401670364_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jim

LMAO! big difference between Woodstown and Newark,is i would not be at all afraid for my life to stroll down Main street in Woodstown after dark!.............................................Mark

Born and raised Jim! and damn proud of it Lol! Exit 2 off the Turnpike grew up about 10 miles from Vineland,some nice things to do and see in Cape May,sure worth the trip!................................Mark

You're from Jersey?

Which exit?

Made it as far as Vineland and was having a great time. I had Cape May in my sights but was redirected. I will get there one of these days.

Cape may is beautiful,i've delivered furniture there then cut across thru Elmer going back....never in my life I woulda thought I was in New Jersey. Newark just sucks but thats my .02

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

I grew up in S. Jersey back in the early '60's. And, it was a "Garden State" back then. Thousands of acres of tomatoes and carrots grown there for Campbell's Soup, Camden, NJ. And lots of small farms growing melons, peaches, pole limas, and corn that they would sell at roadside stands. The corn was so fresh and so good, my Mom would ask the farmer how long ago it was picked. If over 4 hours ago, she'd go to the next stand down the road. Sadly, seem like you just can't get that kind of delicious fresh vegetables an more. And, a dozen ears of Silver King white corn, $.59 dozen. Them waz the days...

• Like 1

You didn't bore me buddy, I lost my father in 2001 & wish everyday I had got to spend more time with him.....glad you got to take your father out and spend quality time with him before he passed, the little things like that are the best memories. Hope you had a good birthday buddy & have a good one

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Rusty,born and raised in Elmer,lived there all my life up till 2008 when we moved to Virginia,so I could be closer to my outbound freight,well,long story short,2 1/2 years after we moved,plant I hauled out of went belly-up! Go figger! My wife/son are also born and raised in Jersey (Penns Grove) we miss Jersey,neither one of us ever envisioned moving away,but at the time it was nessesary. We do like where we are now,but it's not "home" for us,never will be,just so damn expensive up there anymore! I grew up on an apple/ peach farm on the Salem/Gloucester County line (routes 538 and Buck road) we supplied apples to White House Vinegar in Glassboro up until the time my Grandad retired in 1983. Most of my best childhood memories revolve around that time and area. My wife likes to quote the Indiana Jones movie regarding the culture shock down here "we are pilgrims in an un-holy land" Lol! NO Cheesesteaks,NO Tastykakes,NO Jersey Tomatoes,NO good Itailian food,NO WAWA (or Heritages for that matter!) NO Shop-Rite,NO 24 hour diners,NO "down the shore" we really miss jumping in the car and heading down to Wildwood on a Fri.or Sat. night! much different here,thats for sure! Where you at? I worked for Wares' Van and Storage in Vineland for 22 years,so I'm familiar with all the little "burgs"in South Jersey, Dorchester? Bi-Valve? The Villas? Lol! you ain't a Piney are ya'? Lol!....................................Mark

That would be "The Corner" in Woodstown,been in there many a time! good Liverwurst,Swiss & Onion on Rye,goes great with a COLD draft! used to be a pretty nice lookin' barmaid in there too,but been a LONG time Lol!...................................Mark

post-5836-0-43909300-1401842656_thumb.jp

Rusty,born and raised in Elmer,lived there all my life up till 2008 when we moved to Virginia,so I could be closer to my outbound freight,well,long story short,2 1/2 years after we moved,plant I hauled out of went belly-up! Go figger! My wife/son are also born and raised in Jersey (Penns Grove) we miss Jersey,neither one of us ever envisioned moving away,but at the time it was nessesary. We do like where we are now,but it's not "home" for us,never will be,just so damn expensive up there anymore! I grew up on an apple/ peach farm on the Salem/Gloucester County line (routes 538 and Buck road) we supplied apples to White House Vinegar in Glassboro up until the time my Grandad retired in 1983. Most of my best childhood memories revolve around that time and area. My wife likes to quote the Indiana Jones movie regarding the culture shock down here "we are pilgrims in an un-holy land" Lol! NO Cheesesteaks,NO Tastykakes,NO Jersey Tomatoes,NO good Itailian food,NO WAWA (or Heritages for that matter!) NO Shop-Rite,NO 24 hour diners,NO "down the shore" we really miss jumping in the car and heading down to Wildwood on a Fri.or Sat. night! much different here,thats for sure! Where you at? I worked for Wares' Van and Storage in Vineland for 22 years,so I'm familiar with all the little "burgs"in South Jersey, Dorchester? Bi-Valve? The Villas? Lol! you ain't a Piney are ya'? Lol!....................................Mark

Mark,

Spot on about Jersery food LOL Dickie Dee's double hotdogs on Bloomfield ave Nwk. Jimmy Buff's, Hot Dog Johnnie's, Eagens in No Arlington (gone), Rutt's Hutt,Hot Rod's, Jersey Freeze (gone), Stewarts, Drive in Movie food, drag race @ Dream Boat RT 21 Nwk. Ave P Nwk. then go to White Castle in Elizabeth on North ave! And the list goes on up here in the North!LOL

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

That would be "The Corner" in Woodstown,been in there many a time! good Liverwurst,Swiss & Onion on Rye,goes great with a COLD draft! used to be a pretty nice lookin' barmaid in there too,but been a LONG time Lol!...................................Mark

I past by that place last week!

Ernie

• Like 2

I grew up in Moorestown, only 15,000 population back in the '60s. Moorestown has grown a lot since then and much different now. Jersey was nice but I had wonderlust after high school. Moved to Buffalo, then Rochester, then Philly, Miami, Daytona, Tampa, Houston, Tulsa, and now the last 30 years here in Dallas. I like the wide open spaces here and the attitude - which is you can do pretty much any damn thing you want to do as long as you don't interfere with somebody else doing what they want on their property. Oh yeah, and no state income tax. Jersey was OK but no way I'm moving back. To each his own - makes the world go 'round...

WE ARE ALL PINEYS OF ONE SORT OR ANOTHER!!! I KNOW THE FARM YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT...ORCHARDVIEW..RIGHT?? OR MAYBE MYRON HURFF...BOY I AM LOSING MY MEMORY QUICKER ALL THE TIME...I RAN A SMALL ORCHARD IN MULLICA HILL FOR A GUY FOR 5 YEARS FROM 07-12.....I AM STILL TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP!!

• Like 1