SPRING MELT, Allentown Pa. 4/13/2014

1958 F.W.D.

I had a good day. I drove my GMC/E-One just for fun. I considered not going but I had committed to a Mack extinguisher from Paul. So I got that and he gave me a great deal on a B model bell and bracket. I had a good time talking to Paul, his wife and his buddy. I bought a portable pump to fill up a compartment on a truck, a chain saw to use around the house, two PA300's and speakers and some 3" hard suction. The best deal was a box of Mack manuals. B and CF for $50. I only saw Yardo briefly and I missed the nunnery. I would have liked to catch up with more of you. It will have to wait till Macungie. Only two months away. Mike

post-7810-0-78143700-1397442997_thumb.jppost-7810-0-93716400-1397443023_thumb.jppost-7810-0-79182100-1397443064_thumb.jp

I agree with Randy; I thought it was very light attendance compared to past years.

Some of the local VFD's showed up and I was able to score some lights for the shop; a set of five streamlite survivor rechargeable lights with the charger base and four streamlite liteboxes. They are great lights for the shop and where else are you going to get a heavy duty rechargeable light for around 10 bucks each?

My best buy was a 110v scene light on a collapsible aluminum stand for $20.00. It's perfect for lighting up an area to do painting or any other task that requires bright lighting. I also found four brand new Hale valve handles. These always rust, so having new replacements is great. The only find for the 25AB was a pike pole holder.

The best part was meeting old friends. It was hard to move more than 20 feet without running into someone I know. I just don't know if it is worth the cost to get a room, pay fuel expenses, etc.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

We had a great time and I was able to unload a ton of crap that I really didnt need or have space for. Like several people have said these types of events for me are more social gatherings than anything. Sure you can find stuff here and there but I really go just to see everyone. Exept the Lord of all FWD's even after i told him to stop by my booth!! In any case its nice to just see everyone and tell stories.

Mike whats the going price on a nice Mack foam extinguisher like that?? I know a guy that has one and i dont really know what to offer..? Friend of mine did pick up an early 30's Seagrave extinguisher for $80! He thought after it was all cleaned up and hose repaired it would be worth around $400.

Jason

Thanks Mike, glad you liked the stuff.

Loadstar, don't do many show, may show up at Lynnfield's Muster, second Saturday in June but not sure yet. Sometimes do the SPAAMFAA Nationals depending on location (trailer load gave us an average MPG of 10.3 and that was downhill to PA!!)

Maddog, make sure you see us next year, I heard no complaints about our prices.

Thanks to all that were able to stop by and say "HI", especially those that left behind some souvenirs!!

Thanks Mike, glad you liked the stuff.

Loadstar, don't do many show, may show up at Lynnfield's Muster, second Saturday in June but not sure yet. Sometimes do the SPAAMFAA Nationals depending on location (trailer load gave us an average MPG of 10.3 and that was downhill to PA!!)

Maddog, make sure you see us next year, I heard no complaints about our prices.

Thanks to all that were able to stop by and say "HI", especially those that left behind some souvenirs!!

Paul, hope to see you there....there's a few things I would like to find. I went last year, but there wasn't many venders there. Maybe the weather had something to do with it. As far as Pauls prices....I think they would be hard to beat, at least in my experience.