I Got It Right This Time

Green Dash

My employer has a mostly Mack fleet and yet the majority of my time here has been spent behind the wheel of Sterling's and Volvo's. I finally bagged one of these elusive creatures.

2013 (registered as a '14) 120k miles, MP7-395, 10 speed Roadranger.

7CC9FB8A-118A-4B01-9E71-6F3ADF4176D9_zps

Congratulations Jim! looks like a awesome truck and a great change!

Thanks guys.

That's not all I bagged that night. On my way back home on the morning after I took this pic, I hit a deer a mile from the terminal. Twisted the bumper pretty good, but that's why PO goes with the cheap instead of aero bumpers. The driver I'm sharing with got this truck new last fall. back in January he hit a stray car that was pinwheeling back and forth across I-270 in Columbus, OH. That one cost a hood and a bumper. I hope this truck isn't going to make a habit of this nonsense.

• Like 1

Jim

Thanks guys.

That's not all I bagged that night. On my way back home on the morning after I took this pic, I hit a deer a mile from the terminal. Twisted the bumper pretty good, but that's why PO goes with the cheap instead of aero bumpers. The driver I'm sharing with got this truck new last fall. back in January he hit a stray car that was pinwheeling back and forth across I-270 in Columbus, OH. That one cost a hood and a bumper. I hope this truck isn't going to make a habit of this nonsense.

Dogs chase cats and deer :)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Time to get some Bull Bars?

Hope you get some time in the truck with fewer special situations on the road.

I believe they looked into them and decided it was cheaper to replace hoods which surprised me because this company loses a helluva lotta hoods to deer.

Jim

seems a lot of the trucks I see runnin in New York state are runnin bull bars now a days

They've definitely become popular in recent years and also more stylish and less cumbersome. I don't need a cow catcher off a locomotive to handle whatever I might encounter on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Congrats Jim, on the new ride! :bulldog1::thumb:

Thanks!

Jim