Clearance Lamps & Park Lamps

cl lmps are the two out side ones and the 3 cluster come on with the hd lite switch

So with the switch on PARK LPS I should have the middle top three on cab along with side marker lights and tail lamps? And of course all mentioned with swithc to LIGHTS? CL LPS are cab top two outside lights only.

Thanks a million! I've already bought a couple new switches that are bad, but looks like I'm going to have to re-do some half arse patch jobs to the wiring too. Got plenty of solder and heat shrink left over from rewiring my lowboy not to long ago. I can't stand having electrical problems due to patch jobs. Honestly, I cant stand anything not to work like it should.

Anyone got a wire diagram for 1979 RD685S, just in case?

On my Superliner, I thought I had headlight and clearance lamp switch problems...all of these lights go thru the courtesy switch on the dash (if you have it), mine was just dirty, flipping it back and forth several time solved the problem!

This will get you started. A little newer but the basic stuff is the same.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/55-r-model-wiring-diagram/

FYI: To any future electrical problem solvers. This download does give insight to the basic schematics of the electrical system, but things such as the electrical block panels or junction panel descriptions do not match up to my 1979 RD. The page is dated 1983, so I guess things changed. None the less, I got it figured out.

On my Superliner, I thought I had headlight and clearance lamp switch problems...all of these lights go thru the courtesy switch on the dash (if you have it), mine was just dirty, flipping it back and forth several time solved the problem!

The majority of my problems came from a bad rheostat for dash lights, bad 3 position light switch, shorted out wiring and poor patch jobs under the hood. Replaced the switches and rebuilt the wiring from firewall out and all seems well! Luckly all the wiring in the dash is still in very good original condition.