New York Macks 2

• 2 weeks later...

2nd photo of Horans Superliner (Think that it was "hairdo's truck ) where was that taken? I don't think Burly Junior has any MACKS any more except his dads B. Paul

#35 Horan Superliner was Paul's truck. Junior had 3 Superliner tri axles but 2 were just recently sold . One of them was an ex Gun Hill truck. There are now only 2 Mack's that run daily a Granite and the lone Superliner triaxle which was Jrs when he was driving. The yellow B model which I think was a Seniors first truck is still in the yard along with 3 Superliners with sanders mounted on them . He also has a nice looking red CL tractor with a E-9 that just sits by the topsoil screeners over at 110 sand. Another all Mack fleet that has gone to KW and Pete's

Local 282 Union Service

#35 Horan Superliner was Paul's truck. Junior had 3 Superliner tri axles but 2 were just recently sold . One of them was an ex Gun Hill truck. There are now only 2 Mack's that run daily a Granite and the lone Superliner triaxle which was Jrs when he was driving. The yellow B model which I think was a Seniors first truck is still in the yard along with 3 Superliners with sanders mounted on them . He also has a nice looking red CL tractor with a E-9 that just sits by the topsoil screeners over at 110 sand. Another all Mack fleet that has gone to KW and Pete's

Paul what is the story with the name Horan. I was a fire captain in Westchester under a chief named Horan who had a brother that used to haul for construction in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by General Ike

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Ex oakfield

The Westbury water tower is on Dryden St, which is where I lived from the ages of 3-8. If that's the approach to the Grand Blvd bridge over the LIRR in front of you, than that yard has you're picking up at has been there a very long time. Same goes for Jamaica Ash and Rubbish on the other side of the bridge.

Jim

The Westbury water tower is on Dryden St, which is where I lived from the ages of 3-8. If that's the approach to the Grand Blvd bridge over the LIRR in front of you, than that yard has you're picking up at has been there a very long time. Same goes for Jamaica Ash and Rubbish on the other side of the bridge.

over by where Elm has there yard has changed somewhat. Elm is still there but Cross is gone they went out left all the drivers flat by not paying any union benefits for there last 6 months. Lizza took over Cross's plant with the idea of making a asphalt plant there Lizza must have 25 new CL day cabs with flowboys parked in the back by the rail road tracks and a newer company Rock Crush is also operating down in the pit recycling concrete.Still is a very heavy trucked area. Jamaica Ash still has a big piece of property in between the RR bridge and State Materials yard

Local 282 Union Service

Yes and scalamandre is now running the cross plant got all the trucks must have worked a deal out with Lizza who bought everything

But the front were Rock crush is. Rock crush is one of the Stasi brothers so I'm told.

Ahh did not know Stasi owned that. Scalamandre is a very good company to work for, always treated very well when I fill in there. Worked on your paving job up off Shore Rd a couple months ago, you had many trucks on the run that day .I have been seeing regularly a company G&O running DM -800 and DM -600 up and down the expressway . In fact the other day Hiway a Patrol had the 800 pulled over

Local 282 Union Service

over by where Elm has there yard has changed somewhat. Elm is still there but Cross is gone they went out left all the drivers flat by not paying any union benefits for there last 6 months. Lizza took over Cross's plant with the idea of making a asphalt plant there Lizza must have 25 new CL day cabs with flowboys parked in the back by the rail road tracks and a newer company Rock Crush is also operating down in the pit recycling concrete.Still is a very heavy trucked area. Jamaica Ash still has a big piece of property in between the RR bridge and State Materials yard

I drive through there I visit the island, lotta childhood memories and not much has changed overall. My Dad worked around the corner from Cross and Elm on Magnolia Ave. The shop is now an auto repair garage but at the time it was known as KenRoy Truck Leasing. They supplied the equipment for King Kullen in the 60's and 70's.

Jim

Stasi's lived across the street from us on Dryden and bought our house as an investment in 1970. He had an IH Loadstar dump truck that he would park in front of the house from time to time.

I got my neighbors mixed up. The man I mentioned above was named Masiello(sp). Stasi's lived 2 houses down from him but they were related somehow.

I remember back in the 70 's Jamaica Ash had those big R700 Mack V8's pullin those big ass push out transfer trailers

Bullhusk

They were on Dickens St which dead-ended at the playground for Dryden St school, where I attended 1st & 2nd grade. Whole lotta truck traffic on that little street for a young boy to ogle.

Just posted 2X in one minute how the hell did that happen??

Bullhusk

You were probably got a bit excited while discussing R700's with V8's.

• Like 1

Jim

I got my neighbors mixed up. The man I mentioned above was named Masiello(sp). Stasi's lived 2 houses down from him but they were related somehow.

They were on Dickens St which dead-ended at the playground for Dryden St school, where I attended 1st & 2nd grade. Whole lotta truck traffic on that little street for a young boy to ogle.

You were probably got a bit excited while discussing R700's with V8's.

They also had DM-800 roll offs with twin stacks and Detroits. They also had a bunch of Autocars

Local 282 Union Service