7 speed has gotta go

mackncheese

Yeah multi range transmissions will spoil you, I miss the 12 spd in my old RW, had a gear for anything in that truck. I liked the t310m in my 04 Granite too, it was a std 310m not an MLR but with 4.64 rears and 11R24.5's it had plenty of gear and seemed to have better gear steps than an 8LL. I have pondered swapping a 12 speed into the 85 RW but its a pain to do from an Eaton, I'll probably just go to an 18spd.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

love my t1070 5 speeds in reverse are the ticket. Never figured out what the hell an 8ll was good for, a 15 speed I thought was a better option. love seeing the faces of other drivers when you grab 4 or 5 speeds in reverse don't recommend using 5th. with a pull trailer !!!!

I've backed up my t/t in the low split of the high range @ 1/2 throttle...had about a mile to go (on pavement...wreck had the road blocked & the cops had cleared the road behind me) & I didn't want to spend all day doing it. Probably wasn't the best thing for the clutch getting it going, but I wasn't about to try range shifting in reverse 'cuz the sticker says that's bad.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Sivart, is your road ranger a new, reman, or used? Are you doing the swap yourself? What torque rating is your road ranger? I was thinking of 4.42s in the rear, what road speed are you expecting with the 4.64s? Thanks

My roadranger is a used take out from my cousins truck. I'm having my mechanic do the swap and he is going to go through the trans first. The trans is a 12513- so I believe it got a 1250# touque rating, kinda borderline for my 300- but I think if I treat it right, it will be fine. I think Ryan (84superdog) was thinking I would be 65 at 1800 with 11R 22.5s.

T2080 this one is the multispeed revers or round knob. Anything odd about them other then the gear spread is interesting? Drove one today and it seemed to have a whine. I guess they call it the 5 speed whine. Wasn't a bearing growl or anything. Lo was fawking so lo I couldn't shift even in 2nd. just wondering

hello folks not peeked in here in a while , thought I would throw my hat through the door, been hanging out over at H.E.F., Sevartllc, I can only hope that you will be as pleased with your swap as I has been with mine, my little '81-R 2v-300 originally had a 5sticker, I put a 13 in at clutch time and got a different truck in the process, my rears were 4.17 and the bit of overdrive helped, I traded for a set of 3.87 chunks and know its like a dream. She still has a decent enough low for the bad places and on the slab we're cadilac'in at about 75mph [1900 in OD] . best of luck

I really think I will. The previous truck it was in had a 237 and it was a great combo that I drove a fair amount. When the 237's life was cut short by an inexperenced driver, I jumped all over the trans and rears.

Really a sad story about the 237- a guy who was helping my cousin was driving down a steep hill and let it run away. Bent up the internals pretty bad to say the least.