pyro

pmolitor

Why not just get a new Mack thermocouple and or gauge, I've replaced thermocouples on most of the trucks I've had and never actually had a bad gauge.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The older thermocouples like on my RW's have two ring terminals that you screw together.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

my thermocoupler is new. wiring is bad. maybe gauge? don't know how to isolate and diagnose.

Likely one of the wires is broken. That was the problem with mine (after I broke the TC trying to remove it and replace with a new TC). Use a continuity light to check your wires. Mine are solid core and one was broken at a sharp bend near the engine.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yeah thermocouple s measure resistance and the wire leads are part of the equation, you can't cut em or shorten them up it throws it off.

ok

Hmmm, well I'll be damned.

From "The Sensor Connection" a place that deals with thermocouples and sensors. Question:Can I shorten the EGT probe's cable or will that mess up the accuracy because the ohms of the wire won't be the same?

Reducing the length of the EGT probe's wire by a few feet typically will not affect the operation or accuracy of the probe.

Im going on what I was told by the guys at Mack about a Mack thermocouple, I just bundle up the spare wire and zip tie it there under the hood.