Ever wonder WHY things happen the way they do?

RowdyRebel

You were one of Gods footsteps yesterday. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Okay, in line with "things happen for a reason"............

A buddy of mine, retired, purchased a diesel pusher motorhome and a new two car stacker trailer. He and wife are going on the road and go to some west coast race tracks. Something he always wanted to do. He is 70 yrs old and decent health. They have been working on the details and getting ready to roll the last month. He has had issues with motorhome(used) and kept taking it back to dealer to fix things. Nothing serious, but he is pretty finicky and wants it "right". A week ago Monday he wakes with chest pains and goes to doctor. He ends up getting two stints put in Tuesday. Now, he had open heart about 16 yrs ago and found out that it is usually good for about 10 yrs before usually needing more fixes. He made it 16 yrs without fuss. He was to leave over a week ago to head out to west coast, but since he kept dealing with dealer they stayed home. Good thing. Dealing with a stroke on the highway is not a good thing.

I stopped over Sunday afternoon and hung out in the garage with him for about 2 hours. He was feeling pretty good. They are now leaving after Xmas. He did mention that he won't be selling his home right away. They may find that living on the road is not all that it is cracked up to be. If he gets a year in and runs a few places he wants to, then his bucket list will be all checked off anyway. He can come back home and sell off the big motorhome and step back into a gasser class A like he had.

I find that many times I want to get mad about situations. Then after the fact I find that it happened that way for a reason. And usually a pretty good one at that.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have had two friends in the last few years where God watched over them. One guy wrecked a new work truck (pickup) on his way to socialize in Philadelphia. Bad wreck but able to walk away with a shattered wrist. The medics take him to the hospital and they do a chest X-ray to check his lungs. They find early cancer and treat him with success. Another friend has a back problem and they scan him only to discover bladder cancer. Treated by surgery and all is well for now. I don't worry about being late or going home because I forgot something. God may want me to avoid something by being late, or as in RowdyRebel's story, there for someone else.