Profiling in the MH

Damn thats sweet, I keep noticing more cool toys in your shop, I now see a forklift too, I think Im gonna need to come hang with you for a few months to get some projects done with all those toys. I did some math a 4.17 would be a swwet gear for the 350, would keep it right around 1500@68mph, they seem to pull best @ 1600 and get better fuel mileage there than lugging, if your going to swap to low pro 24.5's go to 3.86/3.89 that puts you in the same place, Im going on a .74OD in the trans. Wheres the RW at, it sacares me to see"cant wait to get the rw back" makes me think something happerned to it and its just too nice a truck. Im sure Antrim will be happy to take care of that long time to get to speed issue too, just take it to em and drop it off for a week, Oh and leave a blank check of course.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Couple years ago put in a Lype clutch from a pull truck from OH, when mack put in the sec trans, worked ok but some times just didn't seam right. Pulled it apart and the fly wheel had high spots and to make it better it couldn't be cut. New fly wheel for an E9 will cost you 1700.00 from mack. It's all back together just got to pick it up.

OK, you had me nervous, did you swap to a different clutch? I have a clutch shop in Nashville that says they can rebuild my 1750 clutch to hold over 2500lb, I dont know about all that but they will do it and resurface my flywheel for $450 so I think Ill give em a try before I get into the turbo, injectors and manifold this winter.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Your probably doing 2600@ the wheels so your probably putting oround 3000 to the clutch in a dyno pull.

How is the pedal pressure on your truck with a lype, I've never been in a cable clutch truck with one.

Yup, when I had my new 2000 PSD, it would run circles around my B pulling the same trailer. I could run up Fancy Gap at 55+ mph, just feathering the throttle in 6th gear(OD). I'm pretty sure the ol B would be struggling at 35 mph LOL!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yup, when I had my new 2000 PSD, it would run circles around my B pulling the same trailer. I could run up Fancy Gap at 55+ mph, just feathering the throttle in 6th gear(OD). I'm pretty sure the ol B would be struggling at 35 mph LOL!

I agree that its easier to pull loads with a pickup more comfy and more power, but the b is prob alot more fun and doesnt blend in like the ps