No clutch at all

barkstar

Hi i have a 18 spd Mack box and i parked it up for 3 weeks , jump back in it and had no clutch ,can't get any gears at all.

A friend of mine said it must be a siesed spiggot bearing as we tried to adjusted the clutch with no luck, all the adjustment bolts move and adjust the peddle but still no clutch, this clutch and box has only done 275000 klm, any seqestions would help before i pull the box out

tks

Do you mean when you push the pedal down, you can't get it into any gear? If so, sounds like the clutch is stuck to flywheel. Start the truck in gear and drive it around with the clutch pedal pushed in but not to the floor. Sometimes it takes a while, drive up and down hills if you can.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

took the inspection cover off and adjusted the clutch in and out , you can see every thing move but still no clutch, even adjusted the cable to give more pull nothing

How did you come up with the ideal that the clutch got out of adjustment while setting?Your now going to have to adjust it back like it was to find out when it is working. Like been said its sounds as if the disc is stuck to the pressure plate.It it will not move any in any gear then there is air problem and back box is out of gear.

glenn akers