DOOR GLASS FELTS

on my truck they were riveted in with some special flat face rivets, when I replaced them I used special automotive adhesive made for that purpose.

I cut and bent the window channel and made sure it would fit, then glued everything and installed, held with some spring clamps after about an hour or so I installed the window assembly and rolled the window up as tight as it could go and let dry overnight.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

This is the glue I used, I got it at Oreillys about $7 a tube, I bought a couple tubes used it for some other stuff on the truck, and to install the rubber gasket around both doors.

I bought my window channel and door gasket from Jim Carter Chevrolet, I took my remnants over there and were able to match them up, I bought a sun visor pad (about 1" size difference), the window channel, squeegee, weather strip and some small odds and ends. Back in the day there were only a few manufactures of that kind of stuff so most of it is very similar or the same. About half the cost elsewhere, if you need something let me know and I check for you if they need to see something it to match up.

Permatex® - Super Weatherstrip Adhesive Part # 81731http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PER0/81731/N0399.oap?ck=Search_weatherstripping+adhesive_-1_-1&keyword=weatherstripping+adhesive

http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/

Robert

yup, had little screws, if you use the wrong one that the head is too big it will chip the glass, trust me lol. I guess you could probably rivet them on. and the chrome beaded stuff doesn't seem to last like it use to, few years of mine outside and its all rusty, gonna use the generic black stuff next time

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

This is the glue I used, I got it at Oreillys about $7 a tube, I bought a couple tubes used it for some other stuff on the truck, and to install the rubber gasket around both doors.

I bought my window channel and door gasket from Jim Carter Chevrolet, I took my remnants over there and were able to match them up, I bought a sun visor pad (about 1" size difference), the window channel, squeegee, weather strip and some small odds and ends. Back in the day there were only a few manufactures of that kind of stuff so most of it is very similar or the same. About half the cost elsewhere, if you need something let me know and I check for you if they need to see something it to match up.

Permatex® - Super Weatherstrip Adhesive Part # 81731http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PER0/81731/N0399.oap?ck=Search_weatherstripping+adhesive_-1_-1&keyword=weatherstripping+adhesive

http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/

Rob...I haven't gotten my door rubber weatherstripping yet or for the side cowl....any lines on these items?? thx...rusty

yup, had little screws, if you use the wrong one that the head is too big it will chip the glass, trust me lol. I guess you could probably rivet them on. and the chrome beaded stuff doesn't seem to last like it use to, few years of mine outside and its all rusty, gonna use the generic black stuff next time

I figured there was some kinda clip that locked into door frame, as there are like 4 rectangular little cutouts in there.....guess Im a little slow.....took me awhile to realize that some small screws would work as well!!

• Like 1

on the door glass run channel up around the top of the window there was little clips that had burrs on them that the channel snapped into. I usually just glue it in there with weatherstrip adhesive. the window garnish or roll up wipers were screwed on to the door and the inside garnish moulding

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Try these folks:

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

I know they have stainless steel beaded window channel and suspect they have the small screws and rivets.

They have been in business for many years.

I bought stuff from this place years ago for my H67. I could not remember the name but knew it was located close to Altoona. Thanks for the link!!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Rob...I haven't gotten my door rubber weatherstripping yet or for the side cowl....any lines on these items?? thx...rusty

I got all my door stuff from that Jim Carter Chevrolet (old Chevy trucks), I tried the other people that is posted and I had no luck in dealing with them. On the items that he said he did have it was really expensive and when I was asking him questions seemed like I was bothering him.

Just spent a few minutes going through my records and found the receipt with part numbers, as you can see they are reasonably priced. >>Click on the PDF file to open<<

jim carter.pdf

BTW I did not use the 3m adhesive on that truck, used it for something else and used the stuff from Oreilly's when I did the assembly

Robert

I got all my door stuff from that Jim Carter Chevrolet (old Chevy trucks), I tried the other people that is posted and I had no luck in dealing with them. On the items that he said he did have it was really expensive and when I was asking him questions seemed like I was bothering him.

Just spent a few minutes going through my records and found the receipt with part numbers, as you can see they are reasonably priced. >>Click on the PDF file to open<<

attachicon.gifjim carter.pdf

BTW I did not use the 3m adhesive on that truck, used it for something else and used the stuff from Oreilly's when I did the assembly

Thanks for that.. I will follow up with them...got the feel for glass install today..went pretty well...except no "bubble-juice" finish her up tomorrow and move on to next item!