Pictures of the Week

other dog

Entertaining as always. What are those rolls used for? I'm used to seeing paper mill rolls but they are quite a bit different. I'm guessing steel rolling either as it is poured and formed or roll forming sheet steel but they look to heavy for that type of operation.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to each week in review!

Greg

Entertaining as always. What are those rolls used for? I'm used to seeing paper mill rolls but they are quite a bit different. I'm guessing steel rolling either as it is poured and formed or roll forming sheet steel but they look to heavy for that type of operation.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to each week in review!

Greg

Yes, they form the steel beams with them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Steel beams! That makes sense, I should have figured that out. Good to see an AMERICAN company making steel still. I think it's a matter of self defense that we do but the friggin EPA has done it's best to make it impossible to compete with imported steel. I guess the good news is that heavy stuff is expensive to move from across the pond.

Really cool.

I like that K100 but I think it's too soon to have the snow plow mounted.

no, I drive one of Jeff and Teresa Moore's trucks. They have three and I got the last new one, so i'm no.3 on the list for a new one.

Lemme do some quick math:

3<DD13 x 3.14, divided by 22/7, carry the groceries, minus the square root of 1, multiplied by infinity, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Are you saying there are only 3 drivers working for your company?

Jim

I like that K100 but I think it's too soon to have the snow plow mounted.

Lemme do some quick math:

3<DD13 x 3.14, divided by 22/7, carry the groceries, minus the square root of 1, multiplied by infinity, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Are you saying there are only 3 drivers working for your company?

:pat: No, sorry, but your math is all wrong. I think you should have divided by 24/7. I'll 'splain it- Jeff is one of the sons in F.L.Moore and Sons. He has three trucks leased to the company. I'm like every other driver there, except i'm lazier than most, but I get paid the same, do the same things,etc. I just have more bosses. He used to get nicer trucks, like the Pete I used to drive, and the W900 Billy Bob drives now. His third truck is a slope nosed Pete, a 386 I think? Anyway, since I drive for Jeff and Teresa, I get a new truck when they get new trucks, not when F.L.Moore and sons get new trucks. When I got the T660 i'm driving now-well,not actually right now,i'm sitting at home- Jeff just took one of the company trucks they had ordered, with no extra frills and features. Or extra horsepower- he told me "the days of the big horsepower are over."

The F.L.M. website says the co. has 63 tractors.

http://www.flmoore.com/about-us.html

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.