Mack paint?

I went to a high end auto paint store and they had a book with all the OEM Mack colors in it. They could make it up any way I planned on applying it (spray can, brush on, or air spray). Ii was Auto Paints Plus in Middlebury, Vermont. I could check next time I'm in that area and see if they have that green color.

MIke

• Like 1

A green metallic single stage enamel should be sufficent. By its trickier to spray(metallic mottling) than a base coat clear coat system. It depends on how much and how far you going with it. Stop by a local paint supply house with a sample they should be able to match it accordingly. If your trying to match exsisting green that's in a truck,one cavet is that Factory Mack Green changed a few times over the years so tread lightly going by "the book says" because the likelyhood of it matching is slim.

A green metallic single stage enamel should be sufficent. By its trickier to spray(metallic mottling) than a base coat clear coat system. It depends on how much and how far you going with it. Stop by a local paint supply house with a sample they should be able to match it accordingly. If your trying to match exsisting green that's in a truck,one cavet is that Factory Mack Green changed a few times over the years so tread lightly going by "the book says" because the likelyhood of it matching is slim.

Exterior Mack green,not metallic.I'm looking to paint my truck this spring,just a decent "driver" quality job for now.

exterior Mack green is code 40496. PPG Ditzler code anyways, been that way for years. if you do it in base and clear coat, it makes it a little darker. single stage acrylic enamel or polyurethane enamel makes it a little lighter looking. trust me I know. synthetic enamel is pretty much garbage and should be used to paint the inside of a dumpbox. that's about all its good for and not worth the time wasted putting it on. turns chalky in 6 months and red turns pink.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

exterior Mack green is code 40496. PPG Ditzler code anyways, been that way for years. if you do it in base and clear coat, it makes it a little darker. single stage acrylic enamel or polyurethane enamel makes it a little lighter looking. trust me I know. synthetic enamel is pretty much garbage and should be used to paint the inside of a dumpbox. that's about all its good for and not worth the time wasted putting it on. turns chalky in 6 months and red turns pink.

Call me crazy,i love the chalky patina look!I'd like to pull the cab and base/clear it someday though.Just want to do a budget preservation job for now.Body guy came over today,gonna have him repair my aluminum hoods first.