New Unit

other dog

Yeah, I ordered a new camera last week. I was tired of taking so many blurry pictures with my Canon Powershot 16 megapixel camera. My old Kodak was 7.1 megapixels and it took much better pictures. I got a Nikon this time, another small "point and shoot" but it's supposed to be pretty fast, 5 pics. in a second on burst, so maybe I can take better road shots.

This is a test picture I took sitting here at the computer. I took both from the exact same spot- I turned around and took a picture of the thermostat on the wall. It is about 11 feet away. One is with the camera zoomed in as close as it goes, the smaller inset picture is not zoomed in at all.

This is taken with the Canon-

post-1374-0-31316800-1378590146_thumb.jp

And this is the Nikon-

post-1374-0-85485800-1378590251_thumb.jp

Pretty impressive so far, the non- zoomed pictures aren't much different, but you can read everything on the thermostat in the Nikon picture that's zoomed in and I can't even read it sitting here. The Canon doesn't zoom in nearly as close, and it's still blurry.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Most of the time I use my old rusty but trusty Olympus SP350 (8MP) camera but also have a Canon SX160is (16MP). My BIG fancy shmancy SLR camera is a Canon EOS 7D (18MP). I was told by my camera friend Canon has the best chipset. Camera quality is based on chipset and lens. Although most point-and-shoot cameras are similar quality. I prefer a bigger camera rather than a pocket size. Remember size matters! :whistling:

Good luck with the new one! The results will be the judge. What is the zoom on your new camera (for those hill goats and long distance truck shots)?

P.S. You should have bought one with the x-ray feature for those wimmin shots. :banana:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Most of the time I use my old rusty but trusty Olympus SP350 (8MP) camera but also have a Canon SX160is (16MP). My BIG fancy shmancy SLR camera is a Canon EOS 7D (18MP). I was told by my camera friend Canon has the best chipset. Camera quality is based on chipset and lens. Although most point-and-shoot cameras are similar quality. I prefer a bigger camera rather than a pocket size. Remember size matters! :whistling:

Good luck with the new one! The results will be the judge. What is the zoom on your new camera (for those hill goats and long distance truck shots)?

P.S. You should have bought one with the x-ray feature for those wimmin shots. :banana:

Yeah, I wanted the bigger L820 model Nikon mainly because it looked way cooler, but I read a lot of online camera reviews and decided for what I wanted-road shots- this point and shoot would be better suited for it. It actually had a higher rating than the L820 did. The zoom is just awesome- it's a 14X zoom and the Canon is only 5X, but it's so clear when it's zoomed all the way it's amazing.

Here's another test picture I took this morning, standing on the front porch. The Jeep is parked 2 houses down. The first picture is not zoomed in at all, the second two are zoomed all the way...i'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

post-1374-0-59496000-1378658935_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-84747500-1378660440_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-70743600-1378659628_thumb.jp

I'm liking it so far!

post-1374-0-89763900-1378659961_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-26801900-1378660148_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.