TSA Workers Arrested for Using Stolen DFW Parking Passes

kscarbel

I normally steer clear of non-truck posts, however I found this interesting (but not surprising).

Bloomberg / Sept 7, 2013

Eight U.S. Transportation Security Administration employees were among nine people arrested in connection with stolen parking passes at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, police said today.

Airport police found stolen airline employee-parking placards had been sold for $100 each to TSA workers. The passes would normally cost $34 a month or $400 a year, according to a police statement.

The passes were among 129 that went missing from an American Eagle Airlines Inc. office inside an airport terminal in March. An airline employee has been arrested on a felony charge involving the theft of the passes, police said. The carrier is a unit of American Airlines parent AMR Corp.

TSA misconduct, and the agency’s handling of it, has been a concern in Congress. The Government Accountability Office said in a July 31 report the agency hasn’t been consistent in meting out discipline for infractions ranging from sleeping on the job to stealing travelers’ laptops from security lines.

One TSA employee faces a felony charge of theft for selling the placards to colleagues, police said. The other six government workers face misdemeanor charges for using the stolen passes. The airport didn’t release names of the arrested employees, saying the investigation was continuing.

David Castelveter, a TSA spokesman, said the agency is cooperating with the airport’s investigation. The eight employees have been placed on indefinite suspension without pay, he said.

“TSA does not tolerate any form of unethical or unlawful behavior by its employees and takes appropriate disciplinary action,” said Castelveter.

Should the government or an agent thereof stealing something surprise me?

Guess I'm just bitter since I paid 23,000 dollars in taxes last year and can't bid on any govt funded projects because I'm not a minority. GRRRRRRRR!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Been through that .To work on state job you have to be certified BY the state just make shure i did nt make over 15 millon a year.

Thank goodness you only made $14.9 last year, right?

The government is more twisted than a plate of spaghetti.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

5 years ago my daughter worked hard to save up to buy an 85 dollar pair of sneekers, she packed them on top inside her suitcase when we got to Florida they were gone! About 2 months later they got one of the TSA guys shoppin the luggage at Newark Airport!! They are all a bunch a Sharp James boys at that hell hole! The best one was when I saw one of the guys that wheel ya around stop and take out a blanket and start prayin to the east or west or where ever they face!! I shoulda taken him an pointed his ass tn the direction of where the trade centers were!

BULLHUSK

5 years ago my daughter worked hard to save up to buy an 85 dollar pair of sneekers, she packed them on top inside her suitcase when we got to Florida they were gone! About 2 months later they got one of the TSA guys shoppin the luggage at Newark Airport!! They are all a bunch a Sharp James boys at that hell hole! The best one was when I saw one of the guys that wheel ya around stop and take out a blanket and start prayin to the east or west or where ever they face!! I shoulda taken him an pointed his ass tn the direction of where the trade centers were!

BULLHUSK

I would have lost every ouce of cool I had if I saw a muslim TSA agent, Im sure I would still be in jail from that! Im really not kidding here either, NOT COOL!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"