Tip Turbine 4 valve

Well im going off 35+ yrs of experience on just macks and the fact that when a local company bought a bunch of trucks in 86 or 87 and they wanted tip turbines so mack put 2v heads on for the tip turbine. these were 350 12 speed combinations

There was a B61 at Macungie a few years ago that had a tip turbine on a 4v engine, I would say if you used the whole setup off of a 285 it would work( you would have to make sure the studs on the manifold is the same as the heads) but I have seen it done. but I would use the turbo off the 4v. just my 2 cents.

I used everything off a 320 ,nothing special was done .the 350 4v turbo 4le flows less than a 5316 by the way 285/320/350 2v all use the same turbo . if mack had changed the cylinder heads to 2v they would have also changed the camshafts being they are totally different .I've used this setup for over ten years on this engine and it stills pulls as hard today as it did when i did the change 10 odd years ago,it's a working truck not a show truck

Well im going off 35+ yrs of experience on just macks and the fact that when a local company bought a bunch of trucks in 86 or 87 and they wanted tip turbines so mack put 2v heads on for the tip turbine. these were 350 12 speed combinations

The factory never installed a tip turbine on a 4vh but it will fit. I have seen it done.

I used everything off a 320 ,nothing special was done .the 350 4v turbo 4le flows less than a 5316 by the way 285/320/350 2v all use the same turbo . if mack had changed the cylinder heads to 2v they would have also changed the camshafts being they are totally different .I've used this setup for over ten years on this engine and it stills pulls as hard today as it did when i did the change 10 odd years ago,it's a working truck not a show truck

We want pics please. We like Aussie bulldogs. :)

Rob