300+ in a B

I know a 237 is a common and fairly simple swap in a B to gain a lil more ass over a 673, but I seen one truck (tandem white and grey B61) last year at the ATHS meet in Springfield and should have gotten more pics and looked things over a bit better but I didn't. too much to take in haha. so who here has put a 300+ in a B model? what did you do for trans mounts (definitely need a double disk clutch over single)? hood scoop is easy. what'd you put behind it for a trans? reason I ask is because I've got a line locally on a strong running 300+ with a twin stick six speed for a steal out of a DM. any and all input is extremely appreciated. I know a 237 is a much easier swap but a 300+ in a single axle B would be pretty bad ass. plus for the price it's hard to pass up

Brian

1959 B61T

I have seen B's with twin air cleaners.Left and Right mounted.One for the engine (turbo), and 1 for the tip-turbine.Also have seen just 1 air cleaner and a K&N style on the tip-turbine. b61mack (Ron) has a very nicely done B-61 with a 300+ and 13 speed Road Ranger in it!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

yea but the hood scoop just looks cool haha.

The scoop would look cool. Also some guys run a intake under for the tip turbine too. I guess there's a bunch of ways to engineer it to make it work in that tight space on a B. Matt Pfahl has the 2 valve 350 with the dual air cleaners and a 2 stick 12 speed and Jake!

I know a 237 is a common and fairly simple swap in a B to gain a lil more ass over a 673, but I seen one truck (tandem white and grey B61) last year at the ATHS meet in Springfield and should have gotten more pics and looked things over a bit better but I didn't. too much to take in haha. so who here has put a 300+ in a B model? what did you do for trans mounts (definitely need a double disk clutch over single)? hood scoop is easy. what'd you put behind it for a trans? reason I ask is because I've got a line locally on a strong running 300+ with a twin stick six speed for a steal out of a DM. any and all input is extremely appreciated. I know a 237 is a much easier swap but a 300+ in a single axle B would be pretty bad ass. plus for the price it's hard to pass up

Before you get this engine,you better check the numbers on it,because I'd bet a 18 pack of Coors Light it's just a regular old ENDT676. The 300+ was not built to be used with a 5 or 6 speed.

well mike if it was an 18 pack of pbr you really would of had my attention. I looked at this dm two or so years ago and was told it was a 300+. no hood scoop but it does have a dual tube air cleaner. when I looked at it and opened the hood the bees (no pun intended) were flying around so fierce that I slammed the hood and walked away. I couldn't get the hood open all the way because it had a hillbilly cow catcher that was bent every which way but sunday. I tried looking behind the pump to check the numbers but had a hard time in the circumstance. I was told it was a 300 +. my biggest concern is trans mounts for a double disk clutch. I don't want to have to build a truck from scratch like my brother did with his 66 R600

Brian

1959 B61T

but that had to of had a double disk quad box. I doubt a single disk would support that much power. or would it?

I don't know I would guess it had the double disk as he used that truck for work at one time. He didn't do the mechanical mods on that truck it was partiallt restored when John had got it.