B- For sale on Ebay, tan interior?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-B-57-Mack-1966-mack-b-57-dumptruck-/171085885351?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27d5836fa7&vxp=mtr

Saw this truck for sale, my question is did they change the interior color to tan before they changed to the R-model or did someone paint this one tan? Truck year is a 66, so close to when they went to the R. Also has a tan steering wheel but with a green horn button.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

APA had a B-Model (unsure what year) with a factory tan interior,also several early MB's with a tan interior. My cousin had a 1964 B-67 wrecker that had a factory tan interior with a white steering wheel,maybe some came that way late in production?....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

APA had a B-Model (unsure what year) with a factory tan interior,also several early MB's with a tan interior. My cousin had a 1964 B-67 wrecker that had a factory tan interior with a white steering wheel,maybe some came that way late in production?....................Mark

Wow! New one on me,Mark! I had no idea they had painted them like that from the factory.I did pull a grey (maybe faded white) steering wheel off of a '55 B-60 my cousin and I cut up for parts.,but that interior was the traditional green metallic. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Wow! New one on me,Mark! I had no idea they had painted them like that from the factory.I did pull a grey (maybe faded white) steering wheel off of a '55 B-60 my cousin and I cut up for parts.,but that interior was the traditional green metallic. Al

Al,i really don't know how many came that way,but I do know my cousins wrecker was factory tan inside,we took the door apart once to replace a window regulator,and all inside of the door was painted tan,no green anywhere! truck still had its factory Mack red outside,i do agree,maybe it was a custom order. I know a lot of UPS's early F-Models had both green and tan interiors,depending on the shop / terminal managers choice (or so I have been told LOL!)............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Truck is 46 years old, I'm sure it has been repainted at least once. Or could have been a special ordered interior. A lot of interesting things going on in that truck. Placement of the tach is unusual. What appears to be 4 push in (Pete) style breakers & two push/pull knobs & a later model gauge in the glovebox door. Electric brake controller. I'm gonna 2nd that the odd gauge to the left of the wheel is for the lift axle. Is a B57 a short hood like a B67? It appears to be shorter and with the doghouse in the cab....

Al,i really don't know how many came that way,but I do know my cousins wrecker was factory tan inside,we took the door apart once to replace a window regulator,and all inside of the door was painted tan,no green anywhere! truck still had its factory Mack red outside,i do agree,maybe it was a custom order. I know a lot of UPS's early F-Models had both green and tan interiors,depending on the shop / terminal managers choice (or so I have been told LOL!)............................Mark

Interesting,Mark! You can always learn something new on BMT! :twothumbsup: Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

is it me or... something a little funny about this truck, looks like Hendrickson susp, 5 spoke wheels in the rear, and definitely not a Mack front end, just by the spokes..

Possibly recabbed?

The B-57's were setup like a B-53 chassis,only a shorter BBC.The B-53 used a Rockwell front axle which used a different hub,as I imagine the B-57 used also.