After 9 years in this house...

RowdyRebel

...and a month of listening to my beautiful bride-to-be complaining about the lack of hot water at the sink in her bathroom, I FINALLY crawled my ass through the tiny little crawl space across the gravel "floor" only to find this. I REALLY wish I would've fixed this 9 years & 30 pounds ago. Guess I get to run to town tomorrow...I have a "T" to splice the hot water line to the sink into the hot water line to the shower...but don't have any way to plug the opening that will be in the cold water line after I move the hot line to where it should have been to begin with.

Fun...

post-1673-0-43570300-1374981444_thumb.jp

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Gator Bite all the way, since I moved into my new to me house I have become familiar with plumbing, I keep a stick of copper and several gator bite push lock fittings in the house now.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I had a shark bite T at the house...but either needed a straight through fitting so I could cut out the old T or a plug to seal off the line after I cut it off from the cold water supply...hitting Menards in a few after I drop her off @ work.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

When I moved to my recent house, I changed out the tub faucet to a nicer unit. While in the living room closet(access panel), I found a car license plate used to cover the hole where the pipes came up from the basement. Oh well, who's gunno see it anyway??

I replumbed the softner after moving in also, they didn't include the line out to the garage and I wanted soft water out there as I fill my race trailer from it. I spent 3 nights trying to get that one fitting to NOT leak(solder joint). I gave up and had a buddy come do it. 20 seconds and it was perfect. I have no issues with soldering, but that one fitting was not going to let me do it. I did learn to use MAP gas instead of regular propane for my handy little torch unit. Much hotter and allows you to solder quicker.

I helped remodel my sisters house years ago. I plumbed the whole basement (bathroom), near 50 joints overall and not one leak.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

been doing plumbing on and off now for about 15 years. had plenty of stubborn joints in my day also and did plumbling and service work for a modular home builder for 12+ years. couldn't ever get them to quit using copper and use pex even when it went thru the roof. I use to use a scrap piece of romex wire with two sheet rock screws to fasten pipes for years and years.. damn state inspecter didn't care for it one year, I got in an argument over that and using a sanitary tee horizontal. next thing I knew I was layed off haha. go figure? had plenty of argument over know it alls screwin up the hot on left, cold on the right thing to when you IN the tub or facing it. sucks being so smart sometimes haha

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Yup...hot & cold are backwards in her bathroom...next time I have the water shut off, I'll flip the flex lines under the sink around to correct that. I just went for the easiest fix under the house...didn't want to make the job any more complicated than absolutely necessary. She seems happy enough with it for now...and that's all that really matters.