My thoughts are with his family in this difficult time. I never knew dave, but had seen his trucks at a couple of shows and in pics. If he was even half the man that his trucks were, he must have been one heck of a guy!!

The hobby can't have enough of guys like him....

Clay

Of course beautiful truck. 300 plus with Dynatard, quad box and 55 or 58 rears. John used this truck for a while for daily use but then bought the 87 Autocar from Gennaro trucking that sat in a garage and only had 20 or 30 thousand miles on her and it was over 10 years old then.

Cheers, Rob

yup ,when I took that picture I was probably 14 yrs old and John was still runnin that old B81 everyday. told me a story where a loader operator was being smart and tryin to hit it with the bucket, slipped and put a gouge across the bumper of that B model. needless to say he jumped out from behind the wheel to take care of business....

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Yea that was John. I remember I was a kid it was 1979 and John was running his original black and green Autocar with his father. They were running with Iron Horse who had two brand new DM 800's and a bunch of other local legends from my area. They were hauling bank run from a new house down the street from me in Paramus. I used to ride my bike and just hang out and watch them. That was the first time I met him he was probably 19 or 20 then. To think years later I would be trucking with him on jobs.