56 F100

Maddog13407

And that won't be enough. Next you'll want an R700 with a V-12 Detr...oops...never mind.

post-3242-0-54192400-1369757430_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-12860800-1369757439_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

292 and 312 shared the same bell with the big block?? so I could actually pull the 360 out and leave the C6 in it and it will bolt right up to the Y block I have??

ford used more than 3 different bolt patterns. the "Y" block, which is the same as the "FE" block,352, 360,390,427 and the 428- the small block, 289, 302, 351W, 351 cleavland, and the big block, 460, 429, 351M, 400.

The C6 was introduced in 1966 and was available behind the FE engines, so yes, you could just pull the 360 and use the trans.

Here is a link for a company that makes an adapter that will allow you to put a modern AOD transmission behind the 312 also.

http://www.transmissionadapters.com/ford_y_block.htm

Ugh...a real Lil Red Express truck with a SBC?? Oh the humanity.

Have friends that go to Charlotte for big Ford Mustang reunion every year. It has its fair share of other Ford there too. One guy shows up in a '69 Camaro with a 351W in it!! LOL!! They gave him 1/2 a trophy LMAO!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

DuringWW-II the US was takin our P&W or maybe Allison? motors out of our fighter plains and puttin those R/R motors in! I think they were intercooled so when they flew at high alt. thew wouldn't loose power like our motors would

BULLHUSK

The R/ R engines that were being build for the P51's were a combined design of Rolls Royce , Packard and Merlin. More more power, range and altitude. One thing they all lacked over the German power plants was fuel injection.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The R/ R engines that were being build for the P51's were a combined design of Rolls Royce , Packard and Merlin. More more power, range and altitude. One thing they all lacked over the German power plants was fuel injection.

WOW! Great info Paul! Fuel injection back in the 40's and the first jet! I also read about how Chrysler built there first Hemi for an aircraft engine but the jet engine was around the corner so they scrapped it, but I think Jay Leno has one of them ( V12) in a car

Ernie DS