1946 GMC 2 Ton Truck

TozziWelding

On my way home today, This was sitting at 495 Truck (Cappello's yard) and just had to stop and take some pix.

It says it is a 2 owner truck and the plates on it are from AZ so no rust on her. My Dad had a 54' so I am kind of partial to this body style. I thought this body style came out in 47' but the for sale sign said it was a 46'

IMAG1071_zpsc08009ae.jpg

IMAG1072_zpsa45aa8b5.jpg

IMAG1073_zps0b3d6b4c.jpg

IMAG1075_zps02d44d9a.jpg

IMAG1076_zps77e7059e.jpg

IMAG1074_zps21b393ca.jpg

• Like 1

It's makes me think 1947 also. It would have come out the fall of 1946. Because of the war ending in May of 1945 the auto industry started the lines for the general population in fall of1946. I'm pretty sure this is correct.

mike

1947 to 1953. 1954 and 1st generation 1955 have one piece windshield. The one piece door glass puts it close to 1953

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE