Muffler Delete?

Doffer

Hah!! alright , well it sounds like it wouldn't be a great idea then. I commute between Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, and Massachusetts... dont need to be getting busted every day because my truck is loud

I was informed recently, my last trip to Beam Mack in Elmira, NY a week ago that it wont be much longer and NY will be doing the puff test like NJ has been for awhile now.

they do it now, i live in ny and i run 8 inch straights on my pete with a cat we have straights on the kw and always ran them on the macks, never really had any tickets, maybe a warning or two. Ct was more of a problem.

Jersey sure started this crap! i guess they thought they were being "cute" some of the smoke-test trucks have the "Grim Reaper" painted on the sides! causing a lot of problems,and costing the South Jersey Dump truck guys who run older trucks a TON of money to get up the acceptable "smoke standards"..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Jersey sure started this crap! i guess they thought they were being "cute" some of the smoke-test trucks have the "Grim Reaper" painted on the sides! causing a lot of problems,and costing the South Jersey Dump truck guys who run older trucks a TON of money to get up the acceptable "smoke standards"..................................Mark

At least CT goes by the year of the truck and gives a good amount of leeway

Matt

One of our customers is a DOT inspector for Pennsylvania. While he was at the shop getting some flooring, he also took a peek at the International which has the 6V92TA with straight pipes. My dad asked him and he said that there was no laws or restrictions on exhaust that he knew of. So I think if the DOT officer says it's cool, then it's cool :twothumbsup:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j