Great Grandma's ride.

Timothy Maikshilo

Is Buckland Manchester?

Yes 2stack you are right, if you are on Rt. 291 headed toward Rt. 84 the hi way goes right through the center of the farm. Great Great Grandpa's farm house and some of the land is still there. He was a tobacco farmer and the first to use the shade method.

Yes 2stack you are right, if you are on Rt. 291 headed toward Rt. 84 the hi way goes right through the center of the farm. Great Great Grandpa's farm house and some of the land is still there. He was a tobacco farmer and the first to use the shade method.

Cool, all there is up there is tobacco farms or at least there used to be

Matt

Cool, all there is up there is tobacco farms or at least there used to be

Ya, in Connecticut we take river bottom land and put industry and houses on it. It was quite a beautiful farm back in the day and I have cousins who still live there. Connecticut was once known as the best cigar rap tobacco in the world.

What do you mean the Stutz is buried? That car is worth a good buck. As for grandmas ride, it's very hard to determine what it is just because many of the cars if the era have a similar style. Could be a Cadillac, could be an Orient, could be many things. Most likely that car is from 1905 or 1906. 1909 manufactures were getting away from the horseless carriage look. The most important clue is its left hand drive. Most vehicles of that time were right hand. Give me a few days and ill come up with something.

What do you mean the Stutz is buried? That car is worth a good buck. As for grandmas ride, it's very hard to determine what it is just because many of the cars if the era have a similar style. Could be a Cadillac, could be an Orient, could be many things. Most likely that car is from 1905 or 1906. 1909 manufactures were getting away from the horseless carriage look. The most important clue is its left hand drive. Most vehicles of that time were right hand. Give me a few days and ill come up with something.

Thanks for the info on this car. Know one in the family has an idea on the date so I just threw 1909 in there. Looks like Grandma was about 18 or 19 in the picture and see was born in 1890. My brother the car buff agree's with what you have said about the car. I appreciate all your help in the detective work. The Stutz was parked in a building with a wooden floor and cellar hole. The car went

Any shots of the Box Nova after she had it pimped?

Sorry Jim no shots of the Nova with the twice wide pipes and dingo balls but I hear it was a head turner :banana:

through the floor and that is where it stayed.

I guess back in the old days it was just an old jalopy and Great Great Grandpa didn't bother getting it out and it was buried when they pushed the building into the hole. The last person who knew the location of the building on the farm would have been 96 yo. and passed away 5 years ago. When my brothers and I were little we would go visit the family and ask to hunt for the old car and had a lot of fun in the process.

I wold love o dig up the stutz and rescue it

I feel the same way and should have pursued it years ago when my Grandmothers cousin was still alive and he had a good idea where the shed was when he was a boy. I does make good conversation and to know my Great Great Granddad Charles Lathrop had a Stutz.

I wold love o dig up the stutz and rescue it

I think you're too late. Jim took a couple days off work and was last seen heading north east with newly purchased camouflage clothing, night vision goggles, black face paint, a metal detector, shovel, a new battery, and a can of gas. He plans to dig it up, put a battery in it, pour some gas in the carburetor, and drive it home.

Here's a picture taken from the surveillance camera at the beer joint metal detector store of Jim and his possible accomplice.

post-1374-0-37294300-1363376843.jpg

Be on the look out for these two Tim!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think you're too late. Jim took a couple days off work and was last seen heading north east with newly purchased camouflage clothing, night vision goggles, black face paint, a metal detector, shovel, a new battery, and a can of gas. He plans to dig it up, put a battery in it, pour some gas in the carburetor, and drive it home.

Here's a picture taken from the surveillance camera at the beer joint metal detector store of Jim and his possible accomplice.

attachicon.gifgdWill1.jpg

Be on the look out for these two Tim!

Now that's funny! I'll pass the info down to the Manchester PD...If they get caught don't involve me I plead the 5th!

alot of good stuff got buried way back when.North of Morning Sun,there's an old steam engine buried on a friends farm,and there's supposed to be 3 or 4 AC Macks buried in an old sand pit near Muscatine.

I remember hearing of a Euclid that fell into the slate quarry when I was a kid. Still in there far as I know, they said it would cost more than it was worth to get it out back then.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.