Celli Trucking Co.-A Chicago Legend

Good read Al

Is their parts and service center still around after they knocked down the old building?

Yep.On Mannheim in the old Pollard International building,Trent.Just north of North Ave.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

They are down on Mannheim and Armitage in Melrose Park. A fella we work with just recently bought Celli's remaining dump trailers. Celli and Lodesky out of Gurnee are 2 of the best trucking companies to ever work in the Chiacgoland area. Of coarse that is just my opinion. -Brad

Cool Al. Always liked them old pictures of their R's and B's that you posted.

Thanks,Vinny.Have a bunch of their early ones too,stay tuned!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Great thread BCR. Do you know the year and month of the bulldog magazene that featured Celli. It looks like those old B models had camel backs back in the 30's!

Thanks,James.Winter of 1994 issue of The BULLDOG

This truck,a :mack1: NR9,was one of 2 Gene Celli & his Dad,Carlo, bought after the war.Both had 510's in 'em.One diesel,the other gas.He told me they were both former Red Ball Express military trucks! Said they ran them for years.He paid something like $5000.00 for the pair at a miltary surplus auction in Springfield,Ill. Note the Genuine Army canvas roof still intact.He said later on,they did put the steel roofs on the trucks.This picture was taken in Chicago, 1948.

Thats some neat picture and story Al ! be interested to see what else you come up with,wish i could buy a pair of ANYTHING for five grand LOL!............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Al,didn't Mike L. end up with an ex-Celli A model?? I also found a couple hard pics of the Celli B753 after Jack painted it black,got a whole bunch to get scanned in whenever I can get some help,that's beyond my skill level.

Yes he did,Mike.However it was really rough,and I'm afraid it met Mr. Torch.I wish there was pictures of that one floating around,before the cut.I have a few around too(of the B-753).I'll try to get them on here.

Very cool pictures Al!

Glad you like them,Vinman.The "pictures of pictures" are not great,but you can tell what they are,and see the variety of MACK equipment Mr. Celli had run over the years.

I never saw any of the l's or A's just the B's and R's I must admit those A's are better looking than the L's Great shots BCR. I always remember when I was a kid most of the constuction

trucks seemed to have Italian names and then when I moved to the east it was the same. Those Italians knew a good thing- Macks, A-Cars, dumps and mixers. LOL

• Like 1

He didnt run any U models did he?

As far as I know he didn't.I'll have to ask someone who might know,Vinny.He did use other makes at times,but was primarily a MACK man.I do remember an orphan FORD N-model that had the letters that spelled D-I-E-S-E-L in the hood above the grille.The driver switched them around so it spelled E-D-S-E-L! LOL!

• Like 1